Thread: Cloudy eye??

Default Cloudy eye??

I'm a bit worried about Belle, she lives indoors so I interact with her a lot and I'm SURE yesterday both her eyes were fine, normal looking eyes... even this morning However this evening I've noticed that one of her eyes looks white and cloudy, not on the surface but the whole eye underneath, and not extreme but definitely noticeable compared to her other eye which looks fine. I tried to shine a light in her eye but I think the shadow spooked her so she ran under my bed before I could look properly, can't get a photo either until she comes out!

Any idea what this could be?? My poor girl, don't want her to be poorly!
    Jasper,Abbileah-Louise,PrincessBelle,Bramble,Bumble<3
    James,Clio,Tia-Lucy--NEVER forgotten,ALWAYS loved xx

Bumping this up for you

SWEET DREAMS MY BEAUTIFUL POPPY DOG. 31/04/2000 - 04/08/2014. NEVER FORGOTTEN.

I held you in my arms for a little while.
    I now hold you in my heart forever.

How is Belle's eye today?

Wise Old Thumper

How old is he, has he ever had EC. Could be cataracts??

This happened to one of my buns, just seemed to appear and never actually got any worse over 4 months and was diagnosed with cataracts. The best thing would be to get it checked out by a vet asap as it there could be other reasons, maybe somone more knowledagble than me will come on soon.

Thanks Chloe!

No difference today, but I did managed to get a photo last night and it was white when I looked back at the photo, her other eye was red in the photo. So definitely doesn't seem right

She's only 6 months old, only went for her jabs last month and nothing was picked up there! (Rabbit savvy vet, full check up) I was thinking maybe cataracts, poss EC - did a lot of searching on google and there was so much different info it just kept making me more worried! She's getting spayed at the end of the month, if it's EC is it something that can get worse quite quickly and will need a vet visit right away or can I monitor her eye and hold off to the end of the month? My vet is a 30 minute drive minimum so don't want to stress her out by making her do an extra trip.

bunny babe, with your bun was it just the one eye also? Can it spread?

She's absolutely fine in herself so I know it's not really bothering her now (as I type she's just happy flopped, and I can tell she's been running around like a madbun while I've been at work!), but would hate to think she could go completely blind

Wise Old Thumper

Homey only had it in 1 eye, he was 9 when he got it and it did seem to appear overnight. We were told that it could get worse but for his remaining time with us (4 months) it did not appear to.

We were also told that a foreign object may have got in his eye and it would have to be removed originally and that is why we took him for a second opinion with a more bunny savvy vet (who we are now with permanently).

I would definitely go and see a vet to get it checked out. If EC is a possibility treatment would need to be started asap. The vets will be able to check for any ulcers etc quite easily with some dye.

I hope it is something minor that can be sorted.

Thank you! Yeah this definitely appeared overnight too Hoping so much it'll just be the one eye affected! I'll try and get her to the vets tomorrow

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by xEMMAx View Post
    Thank you! Yeah this definitely appeared overnight too Hoping so much it'll just be the one eye affected! I'll try and get her to the vets tomorrow
    The vet will be able to do some tests there and then so good luck. The sooner you get your bun there the better if it is something that maybe some drops will help with.