• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you think?

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
I've just painted this hutch to use as a shelter in the run...
7B3750BF-9AC5-40ED-92CF-1FBDBDA1C489-7315-0000072DFCE007B1_zpsbfae5b67.jpg

But... I've just put it in the run now I'm wondering if it takes up too much space?!
BBC9166C-D8CC-40F6-A9E1-D31AD30FAFDF-7406-000007447C0DE6E2_zpsa5e830aa.jpg

E18B7B8F-E99A-4ADB-9311-963E2D8E2C00-7406-000007448284632B_zps84ee2f31.jpg

The run is 8x6 but suddenly looks tiny! I imagined they would be able to jump on top of the hutch and I'd have the runaround pipe coming out onto it, but silly me didn't think to measure and its taller than I thought! I've attached the runaround pipe to the corner of the shelter using an 'eye' type screw and a cable tie and it seems secure enough. What do you think? Does it look ok? I was just thinking whether I could put a pipe across the top of the hutch and have some kind of step up/down on each side so it becomes a bit of a play thing so not wasted space! Hmm, annoying when things don't turn out as u hoped!

ETA the run goes right to the back, the pic makes it look like it stops at the two panels!

It looks snazzy!

I imagine if you added a box as a step one end, they'll still try the top of it :) Just a thought, but as you are sitting it on paving, you could chop the legs off and I don't think it would suffer much from the damp, that looks like it might gain you a couple of inches.

Another option, would be to cut the legs off the end of the run around tube, move the hutch along and have the tube come in the back or side of it.

Ps. That's a nice sturdy looking run!

Is your run only 2ft high? If so myy buns have shelters of similar heights and they jump on and off with ease, its actually their fav spot as they like being up heigh and seeing everything.

As it has no base I think I'd chop the legs off aswell, just to give them that little extra head room up top.

It looks snazzy!

I imagine if you added a box as a step one end, they'll still try the top of it :) Just a thought, but as you are sitting it on paving, you could chop the legs off and I don't think it would suffer much from the damp, that looks like it might gain you a couple of inches.

Another option, would be to cut the legs off the end of the run around tube, move the hutch along and have the tube come in the back or side of it.

Ps. That's a nice sturdy looking run!

Thanks! I was going to chop the legs off but was worried about water pooling around it, then I was going to chop them as high as the rubber feet, but they don't want to come off! Maybe I should chop them then stand it on some thin tiles or something to keep it directly off the ground. I also had thought about having the runaround tunnel going into it but didn't trust myself to cut a nice enough hole :lol: Hmm maybe I need to take it back out and make some adjustments... Although crawling around in a 2.5ft high run is not easy or fun! :lol:

Is your run only 2ft high? If so myy buns have shelters of similar heights and they jump on and off with ease, its actually their fav spot as they like being up heigh and seeing everything.

As it has no base I think I'd chop the legs off aswell, just to give them that little extra head room up top.

Thanks, it's 2.5ft high, replied above before I read yours but I think I will chop the legs off, wish I had now as I was going to :roll:

Back