• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What color is my bunny?

I don't think so either, maybe castor? *off to google*

Edit- Nope not castor, they are darker. Google says orange but I like the idea of lynx!

Last edited:
Three, I thought Lynx too. Quite unusual though! What's his name ponderousa? Welcome to the forum by the way :D:wave:

His name is Holster, I was thinking Lynx but I wanted to clarify. Thanks for all the help guys!

I also have a doe that is a lot like him but she is way darker and was born with skin that looked black and white, does anyone know what color she is?

Nope, he is not blue and he hasn't got otter markings either.

I'd be wary of this breeder - either they are lying or they don't have a clue! Be careful to double check any advice that they gave you.

I also wouldn't breed from any rabbits from this breeder, as if they don't know simple colours and markings they won't have a clue about genetics!

Last edited:
I would say yours is Fawn coloured.

I think the Lynx have more of a blueish tinge to the ends of the fur

I think fawn too but rexes do look different colour wise to rabbits with regular length fur (which I'm a lot more used to). If you have the bunny now blow into his/her fur, if its orangey cream fading to white at the bottom then fawn. If when you blow into the fur, the very tips are blue, the middle is creamy orange and the bottom is white then lynx

If his breeder thinks he is blue otter then I think s/he must be colour-blind!

There's no trace of blue fur (assuming I'm looking at the correct pic) and no otter pattern either!

Back