Thread: Need urgent help to borrow a hutch or VERY temporarily foster please!!

Default Need urgent help to borrow a hutch or VERY temporarily foster please!!

Hey guys!

Long time no chat! Been a really mad couple of years, but almost settled and have a huge favour to ask.

The story is a bit long so to get straight to the point - does anyone have a spare hutch I could either borrow, or a spare hutch to take 2 of my buns for a VERY temporary foster? I live next to Heathrow airport and ideally wouldn't want them to travel far, so as close as possible.

Basically I'm getting my buns new housing and am having a bit of a nightmare, I ordered some custom built hutches at the end of April, the plan was to have them delivered 2 days ago. On Saturday I had a message saying the man that makes them is sick, so they couldn't be delivered, and I can't collect as they're both 6x3 doubles + separate run... and I have a tiny Renault Clio (not even sure if they have even been built yet). I was told on Sunday that delivery would hopefully happen later in the week, was hoping Thursday as I'm off til then, but as a back up I'm not in work until 4pm on Saturday. I was having my garden worked on today, and the man doing that has kindly taken my old hutches away (HOW much is a skip nowadays?!?!) so have got my 2 nethies in my too small very emergency back up hutch, and Abbi and Jasp are in my spare bedroom (have a permanent house bun in my bedroom so that's out) So was thinking that'd be fine for a few days. BUT just as the hutches disappeared off to the dump I got a message saying my hutch delivery now won't be until middle of next week at the earliest as he's still quite ill. Problem is that I have a friend staying on Sunday for 6 days, so the spare room will be out of use for buns So A&J need somewhere to live! Is there anyone that can please help me out??
    Jasper,Abbileah-Louise,PrincessBelle,Bramble,Bumble<3
    James,Clio,Tia-Lucy--NEVER forgotten,ALWAYS loved xx

Mama Doe

Can you check if the hutches have been built, and if they have, hire a van to go and get them? (or man and van service if cheaper)

I was thinking that, I have asked a couple of times but not had any confirmation, so assuming probably not I don't really want to spend any money to collect them, as I'm already spending so much on the hutches, but would be more than happy to send a donation to a rescue if I could get someone to help me with a temp hutch/fostering.

If it was a delay caused by something other than illness I'd ask for them to compensate costs for any vehicle hire or boarding, but as he's ill it's not really something that can be helped so don't feel it's right to ask.

The Rabbit Residence do bunny boarding.
    They are about an hour from you says google maps.

I've boarded my bunnies there before and they loved it. Caroline who runs the rescue is lovely. The rescue has a website and a facebook page so worth looking in to if you cant find anyone closer to you.

Thanks Claire! Have checked out the website, definitely further than I want to travel with them but it looks great Noticed Caroline does bonding, so that's given me an idea to turn my 2 couples into a quad Have sent a quick email. Just get worried with A&J travelling long distances now they're older, don't want to get them too stressed!

If anyone any closer can still help please let me know

I'm too far to help but I hope someone can help you!

Hi

if you'd like to message me I will see if I can help in some way. therabbitcrossing@yahoo.co.uk

Helen

Thanks yaretzi!

Hi Helen, oh thank you I'll email you now!