• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can rabbits eat red cabbage?

Yes, it's fine but as with all new foods, it needs to be introduced in small amounts at 1st.

The red colour in the cabbage dissolves in water & can come out in the urine if he eats a lot. Bunny urine is highly alkaline & makes the red colour change to blue. Blue & yellow = green. So don't get the fright of your life from the litter tray. It's perfectly harmless.:D

The red colour in the cabbage dissolves in water & can come out in the urine if he eats a lot. Bunny urine is highly alkaline & makes the red colour change to blue. Blue & yellow = green. So don't get the fright of your life from the litter tray. It's perfectly harmless.

Wow I never knew that, mine love red cabbage, that would of totally freaked me out if they had green urine!

Wow I never knew that, mine love red cabbage, that would of totally freaked me out if they had green urine!

I had 3 male uni friends who enjoyed freaking out the public by changing the colour of their urine, retiring to the gents, & passing different colours in unison. Amazing what we learned at uni!
Those were the days.:lol:

I don't think rabbits usually eat enough red cabbage to do it, - but just in case!

Back