• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Received my Fitch bedding :0)

tainay

Warren Scout
The bale arrived yesterday but we were not home so our neighbour signed for us. I'm so embarrassed as they have signed for so many stuff for us, or the buns to be exact - bales of hays, bedding, cages, pens etc... explained to them so hopefully they wouldn't think we are a house of freaks that feed on hays :lol::lol::lol:

Anyways, 20kg of Fitch here!!! I'm very appreciated that biscandmatt1 :)wave:) who send me a sample of Fitch to try and helped me to make my mind. Fitch is very soft, fluffy bedding. The shape looks like Carefresh but a lot more soft than Carefresh. It feels like pieces thick tissue paper. I thought 20kg would be a massive bag but it is okay size not like giant so I managed to store it in our living room (OH hasn't noticed yet otherwise another moan wave would hit :lol:). Very compressed though as after filling their litter tray (very thick layer) + full drawer for future changing (drawer normally holds 1 10L bag of Back2Nature) and only used around 1/10 of the whole bale. Finally there is a bedding that is cheap and cheerful :thumb:

i got my next bale yesterday. i won't go back to megazorb now after using this. also been really great for bisc and matts snuffles incase that helps anyone. there is no dust in the fitch at all. :thumb:

the piggies have it sometimes/half a cage sometimes, and they love it. it looks like snow in their cage :love:

I use this as well. Lasts for ages. First time my bunnies did a double take and maybe thought it was snow and refused to go in it :lol: :lol:

Don't your bunnies eat it? Or is it safe for them to eat? Given that some of mine eat sand I have to be quite careful what I give them! :lol:

is this like the stuff hamsters use for bedding?
Is it dusty at all?? I used megazorb for my piggies in the past and the dust was awful, especially seeing as my Son is asthmatic x

Don't your bunnies eat it? Or is it safe for them to eat? Given that some of mine eat sand I have to be quite careful what I give them! :lol:

They tried to nibble when first changed to Fitch but any more, might found not that tasty :lol: I think it would be okay if eaten small amount as it is literally just tissue paper. Would be better than eating cardboard or smartbedz which will expand when wet.

is this like the stuff hamsters use for bedding?
Is it dusty at all?? I used megazorb for my piggies in the past and the dust was awful, especially seeing as my Son is asthmatic x

Yes, think many people use for their hamsters or gerbils. It is almost dust free, when I say almost it means 99.9%, you could only see very very small amount of dust if you really play with it, like kicking it around or pour the whole bale into a container. It feels the same as thick layers of teared toilet tissue paper. I have used megazorb when first had buns but it was way to dusty and even cause me sneezing (I'm not even very sensitive). Fitch is more absorbent and almost dust free, much better than all other beddings/litters I've used :0) it is also very cheap, which is alway good as I change their litter tray everyday.

Having read this thread and another in the health section I have ordered a 20kg bale direct from their website :wave:

I currently use megazorb and theres just enough to go another few days, it is very dusty though and is causing problems for my bunny! x

ps thank you for the detailed pictures :wave:

I use finacard which is really absorbant and not dusty at all. Might try fitch next time :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the great pictures and info, just what I needed as have been thinking of changing to this after my latest batch of stinking and dusty megazorb. Haven't even had a reply back from where I bought it so will tell them they have lost a customer. Will def give this a go!

My buns don't nibble on it, which was good as Pippa usually has a chew at anything :roll: I don't put quite so much in now, because Dipsy jumps in it and digs like crazy and kicks it all out with his back feet. Was a little irritated after doing all my housework and having a lovely clean freshly hovered lounge, because of friends coming round for dinner. Walked into lounge and it was like someone had just sprayed it all over the carpet :shock::lol::lol:

If Ludo can't have cardboard because he chews it do you think he'd be ok with this stuff?

And how long does it last if you have one bunny that has his litter area cleaned once or twice a day?

Sorry to butt in on the thread!

Back