• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding service in North east england

Suzyjo

Warren Scout
Hi, basically was wondering if anyone offers/knows anyone that offers a bunny bonding service in or around the north east of England?

I have two pairs, Humbug and Millie and Dylan and Spice and would love for them to be a quad but the thought of trying to bond them myself terrifies me.. :oops:

Hi

I looked around about 9 months ago and couldn't find anyone in this area either. The RSPCA at Great Ayton gave me the number of a lady who lives in the Stockton on Tees area who is a foster mum for their rabbits. She couldn't do the bonding for us but she was extremely helpful (we were adopting one of her bunnies). You could always try asking for her number, maybe she can help.

Good luck :)

I don't know of anywhere in your area, but perhaps post a thread on the rabbit chat section and see if you get more replies. You never know, a fellow RU member near you may be able to help by either doing the bonding for you or be able to recommend a rescue or sanctuary who may do it in return for a donation.

Either way, best of luck.:thumb:

Hi

I looked around about 9 months ago and couldn't find anyone in this area either. The RSPCA at Great Ayton gave me the number of a lady who lives in the Stockton on Tees area who is a foster mum for their rabbits. She couldn't do the bonding for us but she was extremely helpful (we were adopting one of her bunnies). You could always try asking for her number, maybe she can help.

Good luck :)

Thank you, I might try that as a last resort because I honestly don't think I have the guts to try and bond them myself but if I can't find anyone then I'll have to try.. :shock::lol: Thank you!

I don't know of anywhere in your area, but perhaps post a thread on the rabbit chat section and see if you get more replies. You never know, a fellow RU member near you may be able to help by either doing the bonding for you or be able to recommend a rescue or sanctuary who may do it in return for a donation.

Either way, best of luck.:thumb:

Thank you, I'll try posting in rabbit chat then and hopefully I'll find someone :)

Hi I'm just wondering if you find anywhere within the north East that bond bunnies? I'm currently looking and so far I've had no luck!

Unfortunately it's still the same. There is hardly anyone up here in the North East who will bond and it's really hard to find the ones who do.

I think it's linked to the fact that we lack any really good dedicated rabbit rescues. Although there is Pawz for Thoughts and Animal Krackers who rehome bunnies as well as RSPCA Great Ayton, so they might be able to help and point you in the right direction.

When I needed to bond my bunnies, I had the same issue and searched everywhere but couldn't find anyone, in the end I did it myself. I think the idea of bonding makes a lot of people nervous and puts people off doing it themselves but I made sure that I researched everything to do with bonding first as their is a couple of different methods and varying opinions. I watched loads of youtube videos and read article after article.

In the end I found the best bonding advice was from a lady called Helen who runs a fabulous rescue called The Rabbit Crossing. She is amazing and like the bunny whisper and I would say her advice is best listened too. The rescue is on facebook, where she has bonding guides and she is a member (The Duchess) on this forum. With her advice I have successfully bonded my 2 pairs - George & Harry and Hershel & Maggie.

The most important rule to bonding is not to let them fight. Humping, fur pulling, chasing and the occasional nipping are all okay, but if they start to circle each other try to distract them before it escalates and if they end up fighting separate them immediately.

Lastly bonding is also about knowing your rabbits personalities and holding your nerve. Good luck in whatever you decide. :wave:

P.s. Please hang around and introduce yourself and your bunnies, you will find we are a friendly forum.

Back