Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have the corner double indoor cage?

Default Does anyone have the corner double indoor cage?

I am considering changing to a corner shaped indoor cage to suit our new room.

I can only see one available on the Maket by little friends, you can see lots of them on eBay.

I don't think I would have it as double storey as my chunky bun isn't that nimble
    It's only used as a base and litter tray mainly but does get shut when we are asleep (11/12-6am)

Does anyone have one on he or had any experience of these in the past?

I was considering getting the next size up dog crate to mine but because of the space it is in the door won't open and the side door is the wrong end....

Thanks
    Sarah, Charlie Matilda and George

Warren Veteran

To be honest, those cages are too small unless you attached a pen onto it, even for an overnight base. Can't you just use your dog crate as a base?
    Slave to Alfie, the bunny version of Harry Potter, who lives under my stairs.

shape it to the corner then put the TV on it?

I always find they are very expensive for the size and quality. You be much better off have a dog crate as a base

I did say in my post I was considering getting the next sized dog crate as I want the bigger one, but would mean that the doors are able to open.

The floor space would be the same A metre square but would give me better access ( or bun better in out access)

I am trying to find someone who has used one... So far I can only find good reviews but I want to reduce it to one level

Unless I want to move him into a room where we are not, I cannot use a crate as the door won't swing opens and the end door it is the wrong end... I can't really have it upside down!

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sarattie View Post
    Unless I want to move him into a room where we are not, I cannot use a crate as the door won't swing opens and the end door it is the wrong end... I can't really have it upside down!
    What's the dowside of this idea?

Have you considered using a C&C cage? Then you could build it to the exact shape you need .

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

I had one of these years ago when I had my first indoor bun. If I'm honest I didn't like them.

And dimensions wise and position the corner one fits perfectly -practically made to measure...... I just need advice on quality and access etc.... Praps I need to find somewhere with them in stock to try out...

They are too small for overnight use, they don't meet the minimum size needed as stated by the RSPCA and RWAF: 6ftx2ft which is 12sqft.

I'm sure if you really wanted, you could move the rest of the furniture in the room around, or move him to a different room. Sometimes we have to make sacrifices (albeit in this case only a tiny one) so that our pets are kept correctly.