Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attaching a water bottle to a shed...

Default Attaching a water bottle to a shed...

So we have a big water bottle (1.1L) for Benji. The trouble is, the water bottle only came with the thin white metal wire which is flimsy at best.

We have a shed and would love to attach the water bottle to the wood. Hilariously, Pets At Home attach all of their big water bottles using a metal bracket which attach to the top and bottom of the bottle and are nailed into the wall - when I asked it turned out that they didn't sell them, and advised me to "try Google". Thanks, PAH.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by BigBunnyBenji; 17-04-2013 at 10:22 PM.

How about a metal plant pot holder, with some sort of plant pot you could put a hole in and place the bottle in that? x

What about this?
    It's for a bike but should work.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000VKHCN...hvptwo=&hvqmt=

My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today.

you can get these

or you can make a bottle holder. We made one for ours out of a couple of bits of wood, some screws and bungee cords.

I know some people also use bike bottle holders for the regular bottles.

I think there are also some people on ebay who make bottle holders for sheds.

ETA: ebay link

My name is Neleh and I'm a bunnyaddict, I can't get enough of bunnies, they are all so cute, fluff and squishy.

Alpha Buck

Use a bowl?

I use this a bike bottle holder from wilkinsons, 2. Wilko Cycle Bottle Cage Black Steel - (0258252)
    If you have a shop near you you can get it delivered to the shop for free.

Quote Originally Posted by cara View Post
    Use a bowl?
    This! Have you a specific reason for using a bottle rather than a bowl? In most cases rabbits will drink more if they have a bowl and therefore is a much healthier option.
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13) and 12.12.20

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Buddy View Post
    This! Have you a specific reason for using a bottle rather than a bowl? In most cases rabbits will drink more if they have a bowl and therefore is a much healthier option.
    I tried my pair with a bowl after I started using one for Heidi as she wouldn't drink from a bottle, but my other pair preferred the bottle and mostly ignored the bowl Dash soon got used a bowl tho when he was paired with Heidi but my other pair still have bottles! It's worth a try but not all bunnies will take to it even tho it is more natural!

Quote Originally Posted by Summer&Skye View Post
    I tried my pair with a bowl after I started using one for Heidi as she wouldn't drink from a bottle, but my other pair preferred the bottle and mostly ignored the bowl Dash soon got used a bowl tho when he was paired with Heidi but my other pair still have bottles! It's worth a try but not all bunnies will take to it even tho it is more natural!
    I've never found that bunnies need to learn from others regarding using a bowl though I do wonder if they were to go from bowl to bottle if it would be harder to get them to adapt. It's been my experience with 20+ bunnies that they've all taken to drinking from a bowl really quickly. Having got a rabbit who has had ongoing health issues associated with bladder sludge, which can be exacerbated by not drinking enough, and then the studies that have shown they drink more with bowls, there's no way I'd supply water in a bottle rather than a bowl without a very strong reason.
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13) and 12.12.20