• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

laminated floor-creative ideas

Tonya

Alpha Buck
Ok so it has been me and Chrissy for 4 years already. We have always slept in the same room, her cage by my bedside. Her munching and nibbling makes me feel safe and sleepy :) She is free range, I bunny-proof my bedroom without blocking entire areas cause I really hate how it looks with the metal panels.I changed many many bedrooms since I got her....4, I think. In two weeks we are going to our forever-home-with my sis we bought our own apartment and now we're doing some final touches :) The floor in my room will be laminated- and if I look at Chrissy's reaction to the wooden flooring this will be a disaster for her.
From what I know cleaning carpets after her is absolutely annoying (not the best litter-trained bun...n lots of fur), but I always had some. I don't want to block areas of the room with panels cause I find it ugly, and if I put one big carpet on which Chrissy can run it will be a hell to clean it with traditional methods. I'm not so keen on the idea of making a run with a carpet either cause I want her to have the entire room. i'll eventually find a solution that is both pretty, practical, and good for the bun, but I would like you to help me. It's my own new home and I want it to look good, I want that Chrissy enjoys it as well.

Hi :) I have laminated flooring in my bedroom too and my bunny is totally used to it now and he has no trouble running about on it, but I have a few blankets down under my bed (that's his special little area which he loves) and they are super easy to clean! You just shake off the fur/hay etc and sweep it up :) hope that helped a little!!

Hey! I found something that will both look beautiful, is affordable and is applicable for the bedroom.I can make a little run for Chrissy with a suitable rabbit flooring,put her cage in it plus some toys, and I can keep it open in case she wants to visit me on the bed or flop on the laminated floor. I can paint it in a nice color:)I am just wondering, since it's a bit hard for me to imagine....is 60 cm too short ?She is a nethie, 1,6 kg. Not very athletic and yet she is a good jumper:)

can you take a look, pls?

http://prodavalnik.com/ogradi-za-gradina-i21626183

By the way your idea is good but I haven't picked up my bed yet...I don't know if there'll be space under it or it'll be directly put on the floor.

I think 60cm is a standard size of a puppy pen so might be okay, mine don't jump over them but could if they wanted to :lol:

Poppy is on laminate but she has 3 rugs, otherwise her legs start going all over the place. She can hop on it fine but if she panics then she starts skidding everywhere and I would hate for her to hurt herself.

:)

I think 60cm is a standard size of a puppy pen so might be okay, mine don't jump over them but could if they wanted to :lol:

Poppy is on laminate but she has 3 rugs, otherwise her legs start going all over the place. She can hop on it fine but if she panics then she starts skidding everywhere and I would hate for her to hurt herself.

:)

That's encouraging! Well Chrissy walks ok on surfaces like this when her nails are well trimmed. If not she skids a lot, yes. When we move we'll see how it goes....let's hope she'll cope fine!

Why don't you get some big rugs? Easier to clean than carpet and you can get special pet washable ones that go in the washing machine. Or you could have foam tiles over the laminate like this: http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/Nessa_Roche/SAM_2221.jpg
They are generally cheap so easy to replace if they get icky, but they are wipe-clean too.

My buns would be straight over 60cm - that's only 2ft. They are bigger than nethies though, but one is really clumsy, not athletic or good at jumping and he still would be over it, probably take him a couple of days to figure out he could though.

Tried my two on laminate but they couldn't get used to it at all. Even bare floorboards with more grip they hated, and after a month would still jump from rug to litter tray to blanket to bed, avoiding all the floor area. They spent all day sitting in their litter tray.

Last edited:
We have two rugs in our living room, then they have a tunnel between them because Brambles refuses to go on the wood :lol:
We also have the cardboard castle at one end of the living room for them to go in, and a pillow and blanket under the chair for them to flop on. Then we have their hay box and water at the other end of the living room on a rug. :)

rugs are easy to clean? Hmm....I'll see about it but Chrissy poops and pees on the floor when she feels like it...you mean something like this?

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/v...13/14679237-soft-fluffy-toy-on-the-carpet.jpg

This looks washing machine washable I guess? I can put a big round one in the middle of the room, it will look good but I really hope maintenance won't be as hard as now.

I have 2 carpets now but they're all in fur/poo for less then a week...They're like this:
http://www.bhmediakit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Making-The-Best-Space-Rug-Choice.jpg

If I choose a bed that has space under it, it'll be fun for her to hide under it. And I can put a blanket/rug+some toys. We'll see price-wise but it also sounds like a good idea.

She has a cage that is like 180cmx80 cm if I'm not mistaken, she has a poo/pee corner, a little hutch and food/water in it, so it's her "place" to eat/poo(in the good times)/sleep, but it's out of question that she's locked there. since it's too small and she's too curious she'll definetely need free-range place, or like until now-free-range appartment:D

We'll also have a bunny-proof balcony so that she can enjoy some sun and grass trays!:love:

Thanks for the ideas-if you have more, they are very welcome!

I pretty much don't like cardboard castles and my bun has no front teeth so she can't chew it either.

I found elsewhere 1 m tall fence, but I'll wait to move out and imagine it in my room:)

It depends on the rug as to whether it is hard to clean or not. You can get special ones meant for people with pets, and these are usually machine washable.

Is she spayed? If not that will help with litter training.

It depends on the rug as to whether it is hard to clean or not. You can get special ones meant for people with pets, and these are usually machine washable.

Is she spayed? If not that will help with litter training.

yes she is, it's not that she does everything out of the litter tray....but she drops things here and there:lol:

A hard bristled broom (ie long handled) with the bristles that are really short and close together is great for cleaning all fur/hay off carpets. :wave:

Back