• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do ??

I would drop the veggies, or reduce the amount you give them. Bella is so greedy and never ate hay because i was feeding her too many pellets and veg, ive cut pellets and veg she has veg mayb once a wk and now she muches hay all the time.

Yes, I think reduce too - they say that hay is the very best thing, so I'd go for that over the veg:D

I would drop the veggies, or reduce the amount you give them. Bella is so greedy and never ate hay because i was feeding her too many pellets and veg, ive cut pellets and veg she has veg mayb once a wk and now she muches hay all the time.

they hardly get them any way they mabye get a leaf of sweet heart cabbage a week each or non as i sometimes forget to give them them and they get a egg cup of pellets on a morning and my youngest skye has and egg cup on a morning and night as she is underweight and strugles to keep weight on when i reduce the pellets

they hardly get them any way they mabye get a leaf of sweet heart cabbage a week each or non as i sometimes forget to give them them and they get a egg cup of pellets on a morning and my youngest skye has and egg cup on a morning and night as she is underweight and strugles to keep weight on when i reduce the pellets

I dont know then, hopfully someone else will be able help x

I have been having a similar issue with Herbie. Now that Inca is not here I was feeding him half the veg that I would have given both of them, he ate it but was hardly eating any hay. Then me and OH realised that probably Inca was a gannet and ate about 3/4 of the portion that I put out for the two of them.

So I reduced his veg and now he is munching hay, although I feel mean cos the amount of veg I give him looks rubbish! But as others have said, hay is better :)

Back