Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hayfever/asthma which hay meadow or timothy?

Default Hayfever/asthma which hay meadow or timothy?

Does anyone know which affects their hayfever less?

I've discovered that bags of timothy hay from wilkinson (which seems to be Doughnuts favourite) doesn't set my hayfever off. In fact the pets at home hay doesnt either but timothy hay from dustfreehay and hay4pets makes my hayfever and asthma terrible. I only get asthma with hayfever, otherwise I'm OK.

Just wondered if anyone had found that meadow or timothy doesn't affect them so much. There again this thread may be totally pointless as I think Doughnut prefers timothy so may well put her paw down!

H4P timothy and rye is the worst for me. Sneezing, itching, everything. The Alfalfa Kings Timothy Hay from P@H is also bad for me. I think it's Timothy grass which is the thing I'm allergic too.

I haven't tried their meadow hay, but I'm fine with the Ings.

The Timothy & Rye from Hay for Pets I've got makes me feel awful, but I've always been fine with the Meadow hay from them.

Poppy gets alfalfa (sp?) Timothy hay and clover p@h Timothy hay p@h doesn't give me any bother at all (that's why the indoor bun gets it, and also poppy is a fuss pot and only eats the fancy stuff) haha the alfalfa gives me a bit of bother but meadow hay has sent me into fits of sneezes before

Quote Originally Posted by helennnnnn View Post
    The Timothy & Rye from Hay for Pets I've got makes me feel awful, but I've always been fine with the Meadow hay from them.
    That's interest. I know Doughnut loves that hay, got it twice but I really suffered. I may try a small bag of the meadow hay. It's a shame as I think she loves stalky. Maybe I could mix it with the wilkinsons as I want her to have longer strands, although is longer strand meadow hay better than short strands of stalky! It all gets confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmednm View Post
    Poppy gets alfalfa (sp?) Timothy hay and clover p@h Timothy an fe p@h doesn't give me any bother at all (that's why the indoor bun gets it, and also poppy is a fuss pot and only eats the fancy stuff) haha
    Doughnut used to love the timothy p@h but she has gone of it and goes for Wilkinsons instead. I've also got the herbabe one which is double the price but no she heads to the Wilkinsons bag!

Warren Scout

My boyfriend suffered terribly when we had the Hay for pets Timothy and Rye, but has been absolutely fine since we got the Ings x

I may get another sample then. I'm sure she turned her nose up at the ings and meadow. She ate it eventually but it's the timothy she loved unfortunately. Will try again!

Yep Hopscotch loves the Timothy & Rye from Hay for Pets - but I'm not sure I can cope with it again

Timothy and rye was terrible for me I actually would look forward to leaving the house just to get away from the sneezing and wheezing. Antihistimines don't touch the sides either! I now give Pete a mix of meadow hay ( from pet shop) and alfalfa timothy and touch wood I've been absolutely fine!! No need for inhalers or anything!

I was really worried as I wasn't sure if it was actually peter I was allergic too and that I'd have to rehome him I just couldnt risk my asthma

Mum to 2 boys aged 5&11!!!!