Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So does your bunny/bunnies miss you when you leave them in boarding?

Wise Old Thumper Mrs. Bunnykins's Avatar

Default So does your bunny/bunnies miss you when you leave them in boarding?

In my experience.............................sorry, it's no!!!!

Obviously there are some with psychological issues that do take more time to settle and even if they don't fully settle they still are happy to eat, drink, pee, poo and have some love and attention lavished upon them.

Others......well IMO they are ready to wave farewell to their human carers and get the party started!!!!

Most bunnies are so inquisitive that they can't help themselves and have to explore everything asap. They love seeing, hearing and smelling new things.

This is my personal experience of 11 years of caring for other peoples' bunnies and 17 years of caring for my own.

I just thought I would share my experiences with you to try and put peoples' minds at rest .........even though I'm sure we all still worry about our little darlings.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

I don't know if Doughnut missed me but I think she missed her freedom. She has the reign of the house when I'm home and a large enclosure outside in the summer to bounce around in. At the bunnery her hutch was a good size, nowhere near as big as her playpen and hutch at home though and the outside one they used were quite small.

She is very nosy but loves company so I also thought she would miss that too. I'm sure she was happy there though as she loves her food and they gave her two eggcups a dayof pellets instead of one!

Alvin is always delighted to go to bunny day care. He doesn't mind being confined and the hutches are decent.

Roxy however hated it and would jump back in the carrier or into my arms, she always used to look so sad. Sarah the girl who looked after them said Roxy was always a nightmare to get back in the hutch.

Many bunnies are not fortunate enough to have the same space in boarding as they do at home, but I've never found that to be a real problem.

Plenty of distractions, toys, lots of attention always seems to be appreciated.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Mine have only been in boarding once and they trashed the place. Http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...hlight=Deelove Usually my Dad comes and house sits and i don't think they care.
    Last edited by Deelove; 28-02-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Ive not been away and left my bunnies yet! I have found a number for a boarding place in the next village so when i do need to i will go check them out

I'm sure Frodo HATES coming home from Aunty Di's

I am the mystery and magic,
    I am the Hare.
    So, if you should seek me lying close in my form,
    I will run through your dreams from darkness 'till dawn

~Sharon L. Shute 1998~

Quote Originally Posted by Deelove View Post
    Mine have only been in boarding once and they trashed the place. Http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...hlight=Deelove Usually my Dad comes and house sits and i don't think they care.
    Ha ha that's so funny, her little face was saying "it was the bad bunny I swear"

Not exactly the same thing but in recent months we have twice taken in rabbits from homes where they were very well loved ( which is usual for us) and both times within days the rabbits have gone into stasis It does seem they do miss "home" so I think bunnies must know when they have been left forever or left for a holiday Which confirms my suspicions that they are aware of a lot more than they let on

Quote Originally Posted by Toadie View Post
    I'm sure Frodo HATES coming home from Aunty Di's
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm sure he is glad to be back home! There is only so much tv a bunny wants to watch!!!!! And Frodo doesn't get to choose what channel he wants to watch.

Noserubs to the perfect bunny. xx