• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What quantity dried leaves to be fed.

bunkin

Warren Veteran
For a bun who gets bloat and still now worked out what triggers it and who weighs 2kg. He gets 10g ss pellets a day plus handful of fresh herbs and 2 f crunchies but I also give him dried flowers,blackcurrent and apple leaves and dandelion. None of the dried leaf packaging says how much to give at all. At present I am giving him a 20g mix of the above a day. Is this too much or too little??

He has unlimited hay at least 4 varieties.

I have no idea as i don't give mine dried leaves but hope someone more knowledgeable will come along soon! :wave:

Can I ask what you do give them?? I may be spoiling mine too much!!

Mine just get 'natural' stuff! They can go 'off' quite easily and if i feed them the wrong thing they don't eat as much hay, produce uneaten cecatrophs (sp?) and just have upset tummies (although thankfully they haven't been into stasis!) so I just give them pellets, hay, freshly picked dandelions, the occasional bit of apple/sprout/carrot - only once or twice a month - hand cut grass, plantain, parsley, kale etc more regularly! I only dry dandelions out over winter as obviously the stock goes down due to stuff not growing!

I never give my three 'shop' treats as I don't 'believe' in them almost, i think they are unnatural and some are risky like the dried sweetcorn (i think it's that anyway!) so I don't waste my money (no offence!) in buying them that. I do buy them parsley and kale from the supermarkets but only because we don't have our raised beds planted yet! When they are done it'll all be homegrown! I'm a great believer in the most natural diet as possible :wave:

Other than the fenugeek crunchies I do not buy any rabbit treats at all. The dried leaves are just that dried leaves that you get in nature like your dandelion leaves. I do not have a source of leaves to dry myself so buy them ready dried.

HOw many of your dried dandelion leaves do you give when you have plenty??

Back