• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best bedding for a Rex bunny please?

What do you use for bedding for your Rex bunny?

I have two mini rexes :) In the bottom of their hutch they have newspaper and a thick layer of straw. Upstairs they have either sawdust and hay or fleece blankets :) Had sore hocks in the past, but a small bit of sudocrem and thicker layer of bedding really helped :D Their run is on concrete, no problems so far, but looking at getting some foam mats. Hope this helped :)

I have two mini rexes :) In the bottom of their hutch they have newspaper and a thick layer of straw. Upstairs they have either sawdust and hay or fleece blankets :) Had sore hocks in the past, but a small bit of sudocrem and thicker layer of bedding really helped :D Their run is on concrete, no problems so far, but looking at getting some foam mats. Hope this helped :)

Thank you, i have some straw,i will give that a go, i will get some foam mats when i get paid :thumb: Dont want any sore hocks ;)

I don't actually have anything special, mainly because Bob ruins everything :lol: The softest bedding they've got is hay and the occasional cardboard box. Also grass when they're outside.
I've given them small pieces of fleece sometimes too, from a carpet their daddy broke after he had sore paws. :p

My current mini rex Freckle has deep bedding of straw with hay on top, and an oval vetbed but he prefers to toss that around than sit on it :roll:

I have two mini rexes, of which one has sore hocks. They have Megazorb litter and about half a foot to a foot of soft hay all over their floor in the hutch and run. This seems to keep her hocks stable.

Thank you, i have put straw down for her, thick layer and the much thicker layer in the bed area. ive put a fleece blanket on her shelf area, i will put some straw in his run tomorrow. Thanks guys!!! xx

Back