• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

remove my account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't remove an account - you just don't post any more.

You could PM a moderator to confirm this.

hey don't be hasty i think the advice was well intended but at the end of the day you have to decide which route you take today you have brought 2 little girlie buns they may get on for life they may not you will soon find out one way or another and you have made plans if that should happen, hey you could always exchange one for a a buck if you are concerned and get him neutered its much cheaper

i have been on other rabbit forums and this is by far the best !!

If you have a read of the forum rules on http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?92998-Forum-Rules you will see that following information

Editing & Removal of Posts/Accounts
We reserve the right to edit or remove posts. When a post is edited a note from admin will be added to state this. Posts are removed for lots of reasons, sometimes because we need to check the content, sometimes because content is inappropriate, sometimes because they've become arguments. We often remove a topic temporarily whilst we consider/deal with it. If you have any questions about why we have done something please PM us. We do not mass delete posts or close accounts. If you no longer wish to use the forum simply stop logging in.

I hope that this answers your question.

Hey Sharon,

As Janice said you can't completely delete your account, you simply just stop logging on/posting.

Hopefully, I have calmed the thread down and you won't leave as it would be a shame as you were getting really good advice and I could see you are trying hard to give your bunnies a good happy life.

If in the future you haves problem with a post/thread report it so we can deal with it for you.

Amy x

sharon 109, I don't know what has happened to make you want to leave RU, but it would be great if you would consider still participating.

I'm sure you'll enjoy reading about other people's bunnies, their adventures and shared photos.

Also we love to hear and see all lovely things bunny related.

I hope that you will feel more happy to join in again very soon.

Take care.

why do people feel the need to announce they want their account deleted on an open thread, i see this on the bike forums as well, would n't most people just not bother visiting the site anymore if they really wanted out or PM a admin person . Its like saying " I hate this site so much i dont want anything to do with it anymore, but i will just make another post or two for that final fling of attention "

why do people feel the need to announce they want their account deleted on an open thread, i see this on the bike forums as well, would n't most people just not bother visiting the site anymore if they really wanted out or PM a admin person . Its like saying " I hate this site so much i dont want anything to do with it anymore, but i will just make another post or two for that final fling of attention "

Attention seeking :wave: happens on every forum I've been on!

Attention seeking :wave: happens on every forum I've been on!

That's a bit harsh. Sometimes people can see the kind of negative reaction and then worry that it's been left on the internet where perhaps anyone can see it under their usual username, possibly for the forseeable future in search results on Google or whatever. I'd feel the same to be honest.

I've not seen the post that the you refer to and probaly sticking my nose in where its not wanted but from my own experience on forums i've noticed a few things: 1. rather than helping out they jump on them and judge them too quickly, 2. sometimes people don't come across well, 3. some peeps are sensitive and take alot of things the wrong way, what I have learnt on the way is to remember theres an animal in need at the end of the day and we need to try to be helpful to help the animal or even the person sometimes :thumb:

That's a bit harsh. Sometimes people can see the kind of negative reaction and then worry that it's been left on the internet where perhaps anyone can see it under their usual username, possibly for the forseeable future in search results on Google or whatever. I'd feel the same to be honest.

OK, 99% of 'I'm leaving, delete my account' posts, are attention seeking in my experience. :wave:

I've not seen the post that the you refer to and probaly sticking my nose in where its not wanted but from my own experience on forums i've noticed a few things: 1. rather than helping out they jump on them and judge them too quickly, 2. sometimes people don't come across well, 3. some peeps are sensitive and take alot of things the wrong way, what I have learnt on the way is to remember theres an animal in need at the end of the day and we need to try to be helpful to help the animal or even the person sometimes :thumb:

But people wouldn't need to jump on them if they would just listen, and accept maybe we do know what we are talking about. If you read the OP's post, she doesn't seem willing to try any of the suggestions people have tried, and people were only trying to help.

So why post in the first place? If a person isn't going to listen to any advice, then why ask on a public forum and not like the answers? Just seems a bit odd. Everyone tried to be very nice to the OP. :?

Last edited:
truth hurts sometimes .............

Yes, that's true. I don't disagree with any of the advice given, I'm saying that I can understand she wants to delete the account. I wouldn't want my upets and sarcastic posts coming up on Google either!

Well done.

Sometimes some people on here really pee me off!

Someone has had a lot of information thrown at her, feels like she's been jumped on, and feels she has to leave. So she's asked the best way to do so (considering she is new to the forum, doesn't know the rules and doesn't know who the mods are!)

Instead of being supportive, she gets snarky comments and accused of being an attention seeker!

It's no wonder she doesn't want to stick around. Pages and pages of being told the same thing over and over on her other thread. A few people saying it would have done, but no, everyone has to get their say in don't they.

So instead of being supportive and welcoming and giving her the opportunity to learn from the forum and improve things that way, she has been scared off.

Agree completely, regardless if its attention seeking or not. There is still an animal in this case a bunny in need.

Education is key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back