Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions. Is this better than a shed ?

Default Opinions. Is this better than a shed ?

Warren Veteran

No, the dimensions are really small. The run part isn't big enough and neither is the hutch part. The nesting box also makes it quite insecure.
    Tim

Wise Old Thumper Georgeypudding's Avatar

no much worse the bed part of those are tiny, the run space is tiny and not protected from the wind. No way of putting extra levels in, hardly any space for toys (bar little ones!)

After debating to buy one for Donny, I went to look at a few irl and they were small. I wouldn't have felt comfortable with the inside area being the only 'hutch', the run I was looking at was 8ft x 3ft but part wasn't very high because of the coop bit.

Not doing very well here.

Since I am keeping the buns in the second bedroom for awhile, I may as well take my time to find something decent. The room is like an ice box, and I have the window open, so not much temperature difference to outside.

A budget of around £100 isn't going to go far. Maybe £20 more.

http://www.granddadrobdesigns.co.uk/...e97de9cd5550b3

There isn;t a price...but might be worth giving him a ring? Or ask Twigs

I don't like those hen thingies at all. Do you have a B&M near you? they had some playhouses last time I went in

Made by Lara <3
    A binkieing bun is a happy bun!

Binky free my naughty little Ollie Bobble. You will always be with me and I promise I will hold you again one day.

Please excuse any terrible typing....I havea weird rubber keyboard which is somewhat sticky

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesmum View Post
    http://www.granddadrobdesigns.co.uk/...e97de9cd5550b3

There isn;t a price...but might be worth giving him a ring? Or ask Twigs

I don't like those hen thingies at all. Do you have a B&M near you? they had some playhouses last time I went in
    The flower bed is £106 so I don't hold any hope there would be anything remotely affordable.

Is a B&M a builders merchant ? Have been googling many things but feel like I am going around in circles.

Maybe I am best off seeing if we can get a new floor for the summerhouse, because its big 7 x 5 foot, and the buns love it in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Barn Yard Bunnies View Post
    The flower bed is £106 so I don't hold any hope there would be anything remotely affordable.

Is a B&M a builders merchant ? Have been googling many things but feel like I am going around in circles.

Maybe I am best off seeing if we can get a new floor for the summerhouse, because its big 7 x 5 foot, and the buns love it in there.
    I dont think it would be too expensive to do a new floor..if you get some thick chipboard and then cover it in lino you should be able to do it easily Just make sure you put it on bricks this time...should be plenty if you put 2 at each corner and then in the middle too

http://www.wickes.co.uk/sheet-materi...t/smchipboard/

You could varnish the bottom with outdoor varnish to waterproof it too.
    Last edited by Bluesmum; 07-02-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Made by Lara <3
    A binkieing bun is a happy bun!

Binky free my naughty little Ollie Bobble. You will always be with me and I promise I will hold you again one day.

Please excuse any terrible typing....I havea weird rubber keyboard which is somewhat sticky

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesmum View Post
    I dont think it would be too expensive to do a new floor..if you get some thick chipboard and then cover it in lino you should be able to do it easily Just make sure you put it on bricks this time...should be plenty if you put 2 at each corner and then in the middle too
    Definately put something under it this time. Our last garden had a ton of spare bricks. I will have a look on freecycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Barn Yard Bunnies View Post

How big is the playhouse?