Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Opinions. Is this better than a shed ?

  1. #1
    Moderator Barn Yard Bunnies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lower Sunbury
    Posts
    48,830

    Default Opinions. Is this better than a shed ?


  2. #2
    Warren Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    9,547

    Default

    No, the dimensions are really small. The run part isn't big enough and neither is the hutch part. The nesting box also makes it quite insecure.
    Tim

  3. #3
    Wise Old Thumper Georgeypudding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Grimsby
    Posts
    35,541

    Default

    no much worse the bed part of those are tiny, the run space is tiny and not protected from the wind. No way of putting extra levels in, hardly any space for toys (bar little ones!)

  4. #4
    Wise Old Thumper Aly&Poppy<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    15,934

    Default

    After debating to buy one for Donny, I went to look at a few irl and they were small. I wouldn't have felt comfortable with the inside area being the only 'hutch', the run I was looking at was 8ft x 3ft but part wasn't very high because of the coop bit.

  5. #5
    Moderator Barn Yard Bunnies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lower Sunbury
    Posts
    48,830

    Default

    Not doing very well here.

    Since I am keeping the buns in the second bedroom for awhile, I may as well take my time to find something decent. The room is like an ice box, and I have the window open, so not much temperature difference to outside.

    A budget of around £100 isn't going to go far. Maybe £20 more.

  6. #6
    Wise Old Thumper Bluesmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Over the hills and far away....
    Posts
    11,434

    Default

    http://www.granddadrobdesigns.co.uk/...e97de9cd5550b3

    There isn;t a price...but might be worth giving him a ring? Or ask Twigs

    I don't like those hen thingies at all. Do you have a B&M near you? they had some playhouses last time I went in

    Made by Lara <3
    A binkieing bun is a happy bun!

    Binky free my naughty little Ollie Bobble. You will always be with me and I promise I will hold you again one day.

    Please excuse any terrible typing....I havea weird rubber keyboard which is somewhat sticky

  7. #7
    Moderator Barn Yard Bunnies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lower Sunbury
    Posts
    48,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesmum View Post
    http://www.granddadrobdesigns.co.uk/...e97de9cd5550b3

    There isn;t a price...but might be worth giving him a ring? Or ask Twigs

    I don't like those hen thingies at all. Do you have a B&M near you? they had some playhouses last time I went in
    The flower bed is £106 so I don't hold any hope there would be anything remotely affordable.

    Is a B&M a builders merchant ? Have been googling many things but feel like I am going around in circles.

    Maybe I am best off seeing if we can get a new floor for the summerhouse, because its big 7 x 5 foot, and the buns love it in there.

  8. #8
    Wise Old Thumper Bluesmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Over the hills and far away....
    Posts
    11,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barn Yard Bunnies View Post
    The flower bed is £106 so I don't hold any hope there would be anything remotely affordable.

    Is a B&M a builders merchant ? Have been googling many things but feel like I am going around in circles.

    Maybe I am best off seeing if we can get a new floor for the summerhouse, because its big 7 x 5 foot, and the buns love it in there.
    I dont think it would be too expensive to do a new floor..if you get some thick chipboard and then cover it in lino you should be able to do it easily Just make sure you put it on bricks this time...should be plenty if you put 2 at each corner and then in the middle too


    http://www.wickes.co.uk/sheet-materi...t/smchipboard/

    You could varnish the bottom with outdoor varnish to waterproof it too.
    Last edited by Bluesmum; 07-02-2013 at 12:36 PM.

    Made by Lara <3
    A binkieing bun is a happy bun!

    Binky free my naughty little Ollie Bobble. You will always be with me and I promise I will hold you again one day.

    Please excuse any terrible typing....I havea weird rubber keyboard which is somewhat sticky

  9. #9
    Moderator Barn Yard Bunnies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lower Sunbury
    Posts
    48,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesmum View Post
    I dont think it would be too expensive to do a new floor..if you get some thick chipboard and then cover it in lino you should be able to do it easily Just make sure you put it on bricks this time...should be plenty if you put 2 at each corner and then in the middle too
    Definately put something under it this time. Our last garden had a ton of spare bricks. I will have a look on freecycle.

  10. #10
    Alpha Buck Daniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Warrington
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barn Yard Bunnies View Post

    Maybe I am best off seeing if we can get a new floor for the summerhouse, because its big 7 x 5 foot, and the buns love it in there.
    How big is the playhouse?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •