• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

veggies how often

bunny-boo

Warren Scout
mine get a bowl morning and evening in addition to a bowl of SS pellets and all they can eat hay...
but I am trying to get them to eat more hay so thinking of stopping the evening veggies....will once per day be ok do you think?

I give my two a bowl of veggies a day. I think as long as its around two to three cups worth per 5lbs it doesn't matter when. But that's only what I was advised! Certainly not an expert as these are my first two!

You may be better gradually cutting down on pellets, rather than veggies, to encourage more hay eating. When you say a bowl of pellets - would that be more than an eggcupful each a day? Mine love their veg.

yes they do get a good sized bowl of pellets but they are giant rabbits and are only babies so i dont want to cut down on on their SS till they are adult.

mine get a small handfull of pellets a day in the morning then as much hay as they can eat then evenings they get veg , the veg started off because the piggys get it and the rabbits thought they were missing out plus it means they will hop happily back in to their hutches when I have veg lol

i live by the rule of Hay first hay second hay third, then an eggcup full of pellets a day then a small amount of herbs twice a week, i always read that bunnies do not need greens as its a fast track way to a runny bottom.

so i concentrate on hay and buy the best in all different varieties a giant baby (i had a conti) should only have a t cup full of pellets each day and reduce them if you need to improve hay consumption i didnt and paid the price..

hay looks boring to us but it is full of nutrients for bunnies....

That's quite a lot of veggies for babies :wave:

My adults only get a handful each maybe twice a week. It's a nice add on but not necessary.

Back