• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wow near empty hay rack!

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Summer and Skye barely touch their big hay rack, they seemed to prefer eating straight from the litter tray or from their beds, the other day I noticed they seemed to have eaten more from the hay rack over their litter tray so I thought that was good, but iv considered taking out the big one in their main area. However, when I cleaned the hutch this wknd (and the last couple of times) iv noticed they've been weeing under the hay rack on bits of hay that have either come out of the rack or been dragged out of the litter tray... So I suddenly realised maybe they want a litter tray there doh :oops: so I put one under the hay rack and tonight the rack was almost empty! And its a big rack!! Some may have gone into the litter tray but they've def eaten a lot more than normal! Obviously this is brilliant, do u think its just the litter tray thing or could it be the cold weather causing them to 'stock up'??

I cant keep up with the hay for my 3 just now, I have done through nerly 2 bales in a fortnight!!!

I cant keep up with the hay for my 3 just now, I have done through nerly 2 bales in a fortnight!!!

It's typical aswell I went to get supplies the other day (from the Range) but no hay :( I asked when they'd be getting more and she said it automaticay gets ordered when they sell the last one and it takes between 1 and 4 wks!! Seems like a stupid system to me! So had to just get little bags :? They've not emptied it today so just topped up!

Our Range used to just have hay and straw. Now they have straw and woodshavings :? So we go to the other one if we need anything, it's bigger anyway :lol:

Mine prefer eating out of the hay rack, although they are hay monsters where ever the hay is :lol:

I wish mine would eat more hay! Since we've had this cold weather they've hardly touched it! I even changed it just in case it was a dodgy bag but no, no real difference. They are eating, just not hay :roll:

Our Range used to just have hay and straw. Now they have straw and woodshavings :? So we go to the other one if we need anything, it's bigger anyway :lol:

Mine prefer eating out of the hay rack, although they are hay monsters where ever the hay is :lol:

Weird :roll: That's only prob with them u never know if they're gonna have what u go for! They have SS pellets but they seem to have a few bags then have none for wks then get a few more, i always buy 2 or 3 bags (usually whatever they have :lol:) when they have it as its cheap. Why don't they just stock more or change their restocking system they must lose a fortune!

Back