• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Water bowls

Binky'sMummy

New Kit
I read up about lionhead rabbits before I got mine & on websites not forums thy say that you should use a water bottle, yesterday I caught my little Binky drinking from the cats water bowl, I monitored her & she did this 4 times in a few hours. As she has a fleece base & a step where her food is kept I've given her a small Bowl with water in? Does any one else's rabbit drink out of a bowl? As she seems to prefer her bowl to her bottle?

Both my little ones use the water bowl more than the bottle but they do use both, as they were bought up with both, and have both, Stu does not drink from a bowl at all but does like to paddle:roll: he only uses the bottle, I'm sure they don't have bottles in the wild :lol: so what ever they are comfy with maybe both:D

My buns and piggies only have bowls...I thought bowls were more natural than a drippy bottle, which always seemed to leak when I had them 20 odd years ago!

Pudding had a bottle when we first got him. He didn't seem to be drinking much so we swapped to a bowl and he now drinks a lot more! Must be a personal preference.

My buns all love bowls (except Ollie the Polish, he is so bouncy that he tips water bowls over so he has a bottle), but they have a choice as I also attach bottles just in case :D

All of mine have bowls but Donny and Lola also have a bottle atm because of the cold but I don't think they use it :lol: they used to have bottles but they would be there for ages drinking. I prefer them having bowls :)

mine will drink from the outside dogs bowl and possibly prefer bowls but they all have bottles as Iknow they would knock over their bowl and soak their htuches

Back