Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: U/D Daniel - I have taken photos of the shed/summerhouse

Default U/D Daniel - I have taken photos of the shed/summerhouse

There is still small patches of wet getting in. Still have no idea where from. I have felt the walls and the ceiling. The wall are completely dry. The ceilings are cold but not wet. I have felt everywhere and cannot find the source plus we replaced the felt and put bituman on.

Could it still be porous ? Maybe the roof wood has had it.

I haven't even told James but we are going to have to get a new shed asap. I will sell this and hope to get at least £75.00.

Don't know really where to start. The ones at Homebase and B and Q are not what I want and expensive. Not getting far with ebay.

Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Last edited by Barn Yard Bunnies; 18-01-2013 at 10:49 AM.

The tongue and groove shed I bought off eBay was £199, 6x4. I think it's the same price now.

I'll go on the laptop and find a link, it's a great shed, the seller is great too, they do sheds for that Alan Titchmarsh garden programme.

Edit: found it! It's really good quality, I'd happily buy another one! Worth the £199 delivery was quick too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quality-Wo...item3cce2203a1
    Last edited by Aly&Poppy<3; 16-01-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barn Yard Bunnies View Post
    There is still small patches of wet getting in. Still have no idea where from. I have felt the walls and the ceiling. The wall are completely dry. The ceilings are cold but not wet. I have felt everywhere and cannot find the source plus we replaced the felt and put bituman on.

Could it still be porous ? Maybe the roof wood has had it.

I haven't even told James but we are going to have to get a new shed asap. I will sell this and hope to get at least £75.00.

Don't know really where to start. The ones at Homebase and B and Q are not what I want and expensive. Not getting far with ebay.

Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Can you take a photo or the shed and problem bits?

It could be condensation, obviously I am not an expert but just a thought. The temperature varies so much from outside to sheds ,garages and hutches. I know you must be in a terrible state, hope you can get sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Aly&Poppy<3 View Post
    The tongue and groove shed I bought off eBay was £199, 6x4. I think it's the same price now.

I'll go on the laptop and find a link, it's a great shed, the seller is great too, they do sheds for that Alan Titchmarsh garden programme.

Edit: found it! It's really good quality, I'd happily buy another one! Worth the £199 delivery was quick too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quality-Wo...item3cce2203a1
    Thanks Aly.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Can you take a photo or the shed and problem bits?
    There is a photo of it on the 6th post. Its getting too dark to take photos now but it doesn't look any different inside to these ones. Not the original floor.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...use-DIY-advice

The inside.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...-and-Cutie-pie
    Last edited by Barn Yard Bunnies; 16-01-2013 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    It could be condensation, obviously I am not an expert but just a thought. The temperature varies so much from outside to sheds ,garages and hutches. I know you must be in a terrible state, hope you can get sorted.
    One of the mats was wet yesterday, that cannot be condensation. My fault for buying second hand. I think its something to do with the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Barn Yard Bunnies View Post
    Thanks Aly.

There is a photo of it on the 6th post. Its getting too dark to take photos now but it doesn't look any different inside to these ones. Not the original floor.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...use-DIY-advice

The inside.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...-and-Cutie-pie
    Was the timber on the roof replaced?
    Looking at it, the floor looks rather wet, is it rotting?

If the roof was moldy, you would have to replace the roof, felt wont work as the roof would be rotting already. Once you get rot, nothing you can do but remove the rot.

The doors have gaps in, that won't help with rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Was the timber on the roof replaced?
    Looking at it, the floor looks rather wet, is it rotting?

If the roof was moldy, you would have to replace the roof, felt wont work as the roof would be rotting already. Once you get rot, nothing you can do but remove the rot.

The doors have gaps in, that won't help with rain.
    That is also a new floor. We had our bathroom done and this was left over, plus I put down laminate at the sides. I had sponged it over that morning as Bandit the big bun and had done a large wee on there. However the floor underneath is bad.

There is a verandah roof. Its all a bit of a disaster isn't it.

PS the timber wasn't replaced but was dry on the top and underneath. It was mouldy and the guy in our local diy shop said to scrap it off and put the bitumen on the roof. We are hopeless hopeless diy people.

Condensation drips, so yes it could be that,
    Its been extremely cold of late, hence more condensation.

Get a hose on it and check it has a leak before you go out and waste money, or buckets of water if you have no hose

Our 6x4 shed (T&G) was from www.shedstore.co.uk it was £200, had it two years and its been great. Could be a bit more now I guess.
    Debbie x
    Mummy to Peaches and Fraggle, Holly and Branston and my bridge bunnies Timmy, Angelina and Pickle

Binky free my beautiful Timmy Bunny, love you to the moon and back xxx