Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rabbit Choking 101

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hansara View Post
    Hi everyone

Hi there and welcome

Do post in the Rabbit Chat section and tell us a bit about you and your rabbits

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/fo...67-Rabbit-Chat

I had a horrible choking episode years ago when one of my lionheads groomed her partner's mane too enthusiastically and got a huge skein of fur caught up in her throat. She was coughing and drinking water constantly from a bowl so her throat wasn't 100% blocked.

I didn't realise she'd swallowed fur and thought she was close to expiring with a death rattle, so rushed her to an emergency vet at midnight. £100 later, they had extracted the long clump of fur using dental tools and she was back to normal.

Very useful advice here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarla View Post
    I had a horrible choking episode years ago when one of my lionheads groomed her partner's mane too enthusiastically and got a huge skein of fur caught up in her throat. She was coughing and drinking water constantly from a bowl so her throat wasn't 100% blocked.

I didn't realise she'd swallowed fur and thought she was close to expiring with a death rattle, so rushed her to an emergency vet at midnight. £100 later, they had extracted the long clump of fur using dental tools and she was back to normal.

Very useful advice here.
    Blimey, that must have been scary

Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zarla View Post

Very useful advice here.

Oh that sounds awful Zarla
    So glad you got that sorted fast.

It was terrifying! Still so vivid in my mind ten years later.