• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit litter training!

kirsty4477

New Kit
My rabbit marley is now 17 weeks old and is about to be neutured tommorow. He has decided that he no longer wants to jse his liiterbox and is now begining to urinate on my sofa and as you can imagine it now has bleach like stains on it! Does anyone have any tips on how to help him use his liiterbox agin?

Once he is neutered it should be easier to litter train him. I'd keep him off the settee until he has been done. I found confining them to one room where the litter tray was helped. Once they get to know where "base" is, they usually go back there to pee. Then slowly introduce him to more rooms, and hopefully he will still go back to his litter tray.

Welcome.

He's weeing there because it smells like you and as he's still entire he's trying to make it all his territory. It is a common thing and even some neutered rabbits will do it too but neutering should help a lot. In the meantime I would cover it with a plastic sheet or tarpaulin.

Back