• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many oats?

Parsnip just adores rolled oats but I'm not sure how much to give him, I currently only let him have a teaspoon full in the mornings three times a week - do you think this is enough? He could do with putting a bit of weight on really so if I can increase this that would be great :thumb: Don't panic, he's not super skinny he's always been 'slim' :wave:

Parsnip just adores rolled oats but I'm not sure how much to give him, I currently only let him have a teaspoon full in the mornings three times a week - do you think this is enough? He could do with putting a bit of weight on really so if I can increase this that would be great :thumb: Don't panic, he's not super skinny he's always been 'slim' :wave:

I'm not keen on giving rolled oats because they're so high in starch. Oat hay is better for their tummies.
Also many of us have found that adding safe tree leaves to their hay improves gut motility so they can eat more & put on weight that way. Hawthorn leaves & brambles can be bought on the internet & fed freely once they've been introduced.
If Parsnip is a young bun, they tend to be skinny cos they're growing & more active.

Back