• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Burgess Excel Flavours

Alicia

Mama Doe
I used to buy 10kg bags but I just had to throw a lot of food away because it had gone off so I think I'm going to buy a 4kg bag instead. My rabbits always had the plain burgess excel pellets because they didn't do the other flavours in 10kg bags but I was thinking about getting a different flavour, do most rabbits like them or should I just stick with what they know? I know I don't need to gradually go from one to the other because its the same food but I'm just worried about the bunnies not liking it and having to buy more food. Do your rabbits like the different flavours? Mine do eat pretty much anything (they managed to get into Nemo's food the other day and he eats a muesli mix, and they have also eaten guinea-pig food before) and they haven't refused to eat anything I've given them before so I might try it.

Hi, my bridge bun Harry wouldn't eat normal Excel, but he did like the Oregano flavoured one and the mature cranberry flavoured one, so from a taste point of view, yes, he at least preferred the flavours to the normal! :wave:

I do buy the oregano flavour one for abit of a change for the buns. If you want me to send you some to try PM me?:D

Thank you very much but I ordered some of the oregano flavour, I think they will like it, I haven't found any food they won't eat so far (and that includes treats, hays, vegetables and herbs :lol: ) so I hope they like it, if not I could take it into college and see if they could give it to the rabbits there. I'll let you know what Archie and Izzy think :)

Both Max (6) and Poppy (2) have the cranberry. I changed from the normal one when they ran out of it where I normally buy it from, and the cranberry was the best other option. I now only buy the cranberry for them. It's aimed at mature rabbits but they only have a handful between them in the evening, 90% of their food is hay, forage and fresh greens. I can post you some if you want to try it :)

Back