• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sycamore

If there are berrys, leaves or any dirt, I would leave it. I would wash it before you give it to him/her but don't let him/her eat it just in case:
My bun loves branches from the front yard but I wash them before I give them to him. No harm done!
I also give my Shooter twigs. Well i don't "give"
He helps himself by chewing the bushes!
I hope I helped:)

Last edited:
If there are berrys, leaves or any dirt, I would leave it. I would wash it before you give it to him/her but don't let him/her eat it just in case: I'm not an expert but if your still not comfortable just don't give it to him/her. I'm not that educated on sycamore tree.
My bun loves branches from the front yard but I wash them before I give them to him. No harm done!
I also give my Shooter twigs. Well i don't "give"
He helps himself by chewing the bushes!
I hope I helped:)

Ill do a bit more research and add it...:)

From Rabbits United Forum-
User-Maizy

I can't see it listed as a toxic, but it's not one I have ever given my buns ( and it is one I've avoided). Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be able to confirm. If not, I'd just call the vet who should know the chemistry. Even if the branches turn out to be ok, I would avoid giving the seeds ( if it's being lopped in the autumn).

(((All credit to Maizy)))

-I can't quote from other threads yet-

Last edited:
It's one I definitely avoid and not on any 'safe' list I am aware of. I have alot of sycamore trees just beyond my garden and I pick every leaf and seed up before the bunnies go out and remove any that float into their area. My understanding is the odd little bit won't necessarily cause harm but not to feed it. It's important to check 'safe' lists and only feed foods on a reputable list. It gives without saying foods need to be from a known clean source-away from weed killers, fertilisers, traffic and not been soiled by other animals. Bunnies have very sensitive digestive systems, we have to err on the side of caution.

Back