• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Wish Morse was NOT Neutered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww I understand where you're coming from. :love: I'm surprised you haven't been eaten alive by the forum members though. :lol: If it was me who had said this, I think I'd have an army against me. :?

I kind of wish sometimes that we hadn't had Bobo and Harley done - would love to see what nonsense those two would produce - babies would stay with us of course.

So totally understand where you're coming from - wish we could clone!

I genuinely considered breeding Jessie and Harriet "just once" before we spayed, before I fully understood the rescue situation/my own personal feelings about animal welfare.

They are such beautiful bunnies (in my eyes, anyway), and they had such spunk but were so gentle at the same time. I thought it would be amazing and so unbelievably lovely to see them raising tiny versions of themselves. I also sort of projected my own feelings on to them, and really believed they wanted babies, especially when Harriet started building nests.

We only decided not to because we knew we wouldn't have been able to let the babies leave, and we didn't have room/permission for any more rabbits. So they were spayed. Harriet has kept her sass, she's a right little madam. I have seen her loving her own kind with Alfie though, which has given me endless pleasure and makes me glad I didn't breed her.

I do still feel sad when I see Jessie alone, not least because she's become incredibly laid back and timid in her adulthood, which I sometimes forget is natural and convince myself is sadness. But she's very loving towards her humans, and I will be attempting a three way bond (absolutely terrified but I have to try) this year. Failing that she'll find a husbun elsewhere. Either way it will close the doors on me feeling any kind of regret that I didn't breed, feelings I'll be glad to see go.

I suppose because mine are still young (they're all two and a half), I haven't thought about what will happen when they aren't here. I don't want to. I'm sorry it's something you're worried about :(

I've thought that before. But its the way an animal has been brought up that makes it what it is, not exactly its parents. You could have ended up with a litter entirely like the mother and not Morse.

I know you wouldn't do it anyway because he is neutered, but wanting a copy of a previous animal doesn't always work.

I'm not going to lie I briefly thought about breeding Toby in the future and he's only 8 months :shock: Obviously I didn't go through with it and realistically when I looked at it I wouldn't have been able to keep any of his offspring so it was all just me being a bit overly sentimental. I do understand the thought process though. When Blanche died I frantically looked for another thiantra and tried getting in touch with the people who bred her, then sold her onto a pet shop. When I took a step back though I realised it wouldn't be the same rabbit, it'd be a new one with a new personality.

And before anyone worries, Toby has gone in for the snip today though so there goes his chances with the laydeez :lol:

Some animals seem to get into our hearts more than others and it is so natural to want them back when we've had to say goodbye.
But to give breeding a positive angle when all animals rescues are overflowing is perhaps not the best thing to do, especially when the OP is held in such high regard by so many members.

Morse, like Jack, and so many others, is very special, and I'm sure his memory will live on and on.
In rescues up and down the country are so many other very special rabbits waiting to be loved as much as Morse is

Some animals seem to get into our hearts more than others and it is so natural to want them back when we've had to say goodbye.
But to give breeding a positive angle when all animals rescues are overflowing is perhaps not the best thing to do, especially when the OP is held in such high regard by so many members.

Morse, like Jack, and so many others, is very special, and I'm sure his memory will live on and on.
In rescues up and down the country are so many other very special rabbits waiting to be loved as much as Morse is

I am afraid I'm really shocked Jane and was about to post when saw this from Jill and have to agree with her. Shocked and saddened to be honest. I can understand you massive feeling of loss but not the breeding part one bit.

I'm not going to labour the point as Jill has hit the nail on the head.

And I won't be trying to cause a fight or locked thread so won't say any more.

Last edited:
matthew is the only bun i've regretted having neutered. he's so beautiful and has such a lovely nature. his sister, on the other hand, is a much-loved menace! cecile was too small to breed from and charles needed to be neutered so he could live with his sister.

Really??

We have only had one litter here in 13 years and not only did the off spring look nothing like the parents they had completely different personalities too.

Every single rabbit is completely different. So I am thinking it's a good thing Morse is neutered to save you the disappointment when they don't turn out to be Morse and to save the pressure on them to be something they are not.

As others have said there are some amazing bunny personalities out there in rescued desperate to be able to blossom as Morse has done in a living home

Last edited:
Aww I understand where you're coming from. :love: I'm surprised you haven't been eaten alive by the forum members though. :lol: If it was me who had said this, I think I'd have an army against me. :?

Well as it is an impossibility I cant see why it's an issue. I fully expected certain people to slate me for having the thought though. As I said quite clearly in my OP, my thoughts are selfish. I cant help how I feel, but all can rest assured neither can I follow through on my thoughts :)

Well as it is an impossibility I cant see why it's an issue. I fully expected certain people to slate me for having the thought though. As I said quite clearly in my OP, my thoughts are selfish. I cant help how I feel, but all can rest assured neither can I follow through on my thoughts :)

Can see where you're coming from, if anybody had such a bond with bunny as you do with Morsey I'm sure they'd be inclined to want to breed them so they'd still have the offspring to continue Morsey's line. Even if they looked different and had different personalities you'd still know who they were related to etc.

I do understand though that people don't like breeding as there are already loads of lovely bunnies looking for homes but I still understand why Jane wants to do what she does (even though she can't). :)

Can see where you're coming from, if anybody had such a bond with bunny as you do with Morsey I'm sure they'd be inclined to want to breed them so they'd still have the offspring to continue Morsey's line. Even if they looked different and had different personalities you'd still know who they were related to etc.

I do understand though that people don't like breeding as their are already loads of lovely bunnies looking for homes but I still understand why Jane wants what she does. :)

Thanks. Thinking about something and actually doing it (which I cant) are not the same thing :D

Thanks. Thinking about something and actually doing it (which I cant) are not the same thing :D

Exactly. It's what you do that counts. We're only human, and humans have selfish desires. We have chosen not to give in to them, isn't that what's important?

just to add no one has "slated" you Jane..but some of us do not agree with posting about breeding in a way that may encourage others and have politely said so

Last edited:
I am afraid I'm really shocked Jane and was about to post when saw this from Jill and have to agree with her. Shocked and saddened to be honest. I can understand you massive feeling of loss but not the breeding part one bit.

I'm not going to labour the point as Jill has hit the nail on the head.

And I won't be trying to cause a fight or locked thread so won't say any more.

I agree with Helen and Jill completely too.

I am really quite shocked to have read this from someone I thought would never condone breeding.

Will say no more. Very sad :(

I agree with Helen and Jill completely too.

I am really quite shocked to have read this from someone I thought would never condone breeding.

Will say no more. Very sad :(

Oh for goodness sake, I am not 'condoning breeding'. It was a thought, a wild whim, something I cant even do !!

I dread the day Morse dies and I was fantasising about how it might be if his genes lived on. Thats all

But it would appear that it is being made into something it is not 'elsewhere'

Oh for goodness sake, I am not 'condoning breeding'. It was a thought, a wild whim, something I cant even do !!

I dread the day Morse dies and I was fantasising about how it might be if his genes lived on. Thats all

But it would appear that it is being made into something it is not 'elsewhere'

I have no idea about the last bit. But surely you can see that of someone else less known posted they wish could breed their bunny because he was so special they would be ripped to pieces by the majority.

when people respect your opinions so much on a public forum sometime it's best to keep some "fantasies" private x

Just to add, me and Steve sometimes make up what the babies of different bunnies we have here would look like but we would never post a bout it publicly as we feel we have a responsibility not to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back