• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Same food just different flavour??

Hi everyone, my four are now on SS fengueek pellets which they adore. Just a quick question, If I can't get hold of this particular flavour for them can I buy a different flavour in the SS range and give to them as surely the main ingreadents stay the same?? Or should I introduce the new flavoured option slowly as I would if changed type and brand of pellet??

Depends on your buns. Those with very sensitive tums may need a gradual change over if possible. With my buns they were able to switch between ss pellets without problems as their main diet is hay and so the amount of pellets they get is minimal (apart from Pebbles who is on mainly ss high fibre pellets and fed separately).

Yes all the normal SS (i.e. not the junior/senior which may differ) is fenugreek and aniseed, it's just that they have changed the packaging (and upped the fibre content) so whether it says it or not on the packet probably just depends on how old or new the stock in the shop is, or whether an online store has updated their product description...but it's all the same stuff whether it says F&A or not :D

Back