• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can i feed my rabbits fresh grass instead of hay

amrihab

New Kit
i am getting every week a piece for my rabbit could this be sufficient instead of hay? it is a piece that is supposed to be planted in a garden
Thanks

Yes - and you can grow it on at home - in pots, window boxes or deep trays. Keep rotating the ones your rabbit has access to, and they will keep growing if you look after them.

If your rabbits aren't used to grass remember to introduce it slowly in small amounts. You will need to feed hay in winter when the grass doesn't grow so I would make sure they always have access to hay as well. In the spring when the grass starts to grow a lot you may want to be careful as the sudden increase can result in upset tummies.

Yep, if you can get hold of enough :) I feed Scamp grass in summer when it's grow fast but I have to go back to hay in winter as the grass doesn't grow fast enough for our lawn to keep up with him.

Back