Thread: can neutered bucks live togethee

Default can neutered bucks live togethee

just wondered?

Yes they can. It depends on the rabbits and they have to be introduced and bonded properly in a neutral environment at least six weeks after neutering. My sister has two males and a female together.

I have had loads of happy male/male couples. They've tended to bond themselves but that's within the context of a lot of free-range space, ie no scope to become territorial...
    Banned? Moi?

Order The Xmas Files today....as publicised by our very own Leanne

Captain Carrot is not innocent!!

My male x male pairing took three bonding sessions over a course of two weeks Much easier then my female x male pairing....

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsel View Post
    I have had loads of happy male/male couples. They've tended to bond themselves but that's within the context of a lot of free-range space, ie no scope to become territorial...

we need more pics I love looking at your free range bunnys how is pascal doing

In Memory Of My Gorgeous Bridge Bunnys Scratch,George,Lily,Dudley,And Now My Little Smudge Gone But NEVER Forgotten xxxxxxxx

After his sister 'the beautiful Sophie' died Humphrey made it very clear he wanted to be friends with Jacob. Jacob had had two bunny wives-both of whome died from sudden death after an all too short time together. Humphrey and Jacob bonded within a very short time-no chasing or anything. Just sitting closer on the sofa then closer still... they were the most wonderful friends. Jacob had a lot of health problems including very weepy eyes that even with me cleaning with damp cotton wool multiple times a day had left him without hair in this area. Humphrey was the best carer EVER. He cleaned Jacobs eyes, the hair grew back. Just very, very special friends. All bondings are previous but after so much sadness Humphrey made Jacob so happy and Jacob ensured that Humphrey got through losing his sister. I'm not convinced gender is the main issue in bonding. Neutering/speying is vital and then it's basically down to whether they like each other or not. I've had a couple of really difficult bondings, but Jacob and Humphrey were a doddle-actually I had little to do with it bar reassuring Jacob he'd be okay and advising him that if he became friends with Humphrey he could have cuddles 24 hours a DAT. Jacob loved cuddles and so he was easily persuaded and yep, he got his cuddles!

what a lovely story xxx

Warren Scout

we have had 3 x male bonded pairs , all neutured, all succesfull. Once bonded id advise that they are not alone together for several months until they are 100% trustworthy, their fights can be epic and deadly. Our last bonded boys had been friends for a month and one day they had a fight , i lifted up one rabbit and the other one came with him, locked onto his underbelly with his teeth, i had to kick him with my foot to release him, 5 mins later they were best buddies again.
    Rabbit boarding for manchester , stockport ,tameside

http://www.facebook.com/ManchesterRabbitBoarding?ref=hl