• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent advice needed please

Pritch

New Kit
Hi, I had to go away for a wedding last night and left my bunnies inside. I fed the at 4 o clock just as we were leaving and gave then a extra small bowl of pellets and a few carrots to tide them over till I got back. The roads are flooded now and I can't get back until tomorrow. I'm really worried about there food situation. They have plenty of water and have straw and saw dust as bedding. Will they've ok I will do all I can to get back tomorrow morning? Any help or advice would be greatfully appresheated. Thank you.

Is there someone with a key? Much as I don't want to worry you, that's a very long time to be leaving small animals for. You didn't mention hay either.

Are they outside>? Could you call a friend and ask them to bop over and just check they are ok? :)

They really need loads of hay as if they have eaten all the pellets an carrot which isn't real good for them in huge amounts they really can't go while tomorrow without food they will become poorly with no food specially hay :cry:

If you have left lots of hay, a few times their body size then they should be fine. Otherwise I would worry.

When I'm working late with Doughnut who may be left for 16 hours I leave her the bag of hay to dive into as she only has half an egg cup of pellets in the morning as well.

Can only reitterate what others have said - they will certainly need unlimited hay, even if they don't get pellets or veg. They will also need unlimited water as dehydration is nasty in bunnies.

I'd urge you to find someone to go and check on them, even if they have to break in if they don't have the above two things.

I hope the bunnies are okay.

This time of year when the weather can turn very quickly, whenever I go out I make sure they are all safe and sound and have access to a vast mountain of hay. If I get delayed at least I know that they are fine.

Just to update you Thumper and Patch were fine. We managed to leave early in the morning to get back to them.

Thank you for all the help, next time I will plan for something like this just in case it happens again.

Back