• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fibafirst vs. VetCare Digestive!

scatter

Alpha Buck
Does anybody think that one of these is better than the other (for overall quality and for two buns - one of which is stasis prone)?

Sorry can't help with that but I do feed a stick of Fibafirst to my buns for supper, it looks a lot more appealing and tasty than the usual stuff

i feed one of my buns on fibafirst and get on really well with it. My younger bun will go onto it when she is a little older. I would have thought that the digestive diet is better suited or more specific with rabbits that are prone to gi problems so would be the better one to feed. You could always contact supreme and see what they suggest.

Yes thanks - I may contact Supreme - though I'm quite impressed with the Fibafirst - high fibre content, etc.

Mine are on fibafirst and they are loving it, we have great poos and i've never seen them so keen for dinnertime, but i dont give anywhere near the reccomended portion they get 2-3 sticks (depending on the size of the bun) each

Mine are on fibafirst and they are loving it, we have great poos and i've never seen them so keen for dinnertime, but i dont give anywhere near the reccomended portion they get 2-3 sticks (depending on the size of the bun) each

Do you give 2_3sticks daily or morning and night can these be given as a treat please :wave:

Both of my rabbits are stasis prone, so they get 2-3 sticks each in the mornings of Supreme Vetcare Digestive pellets. (strangely, they won't eat them in the evening, so get their normal Science selective pellets).

If my rabbits weren't stasis prone, then I would feed Fibafirst.

Both of my rabbits are stasis prone, so they get 2-3 sticks each in the mornings of Supreme Vetcare Digestive pellets. (strangely, they won't eat them in the evening, so get their normal Science selective pellets).

If my rabbits weren't stasis prone, then I would feed Fibafirst.

Thanks - that's great - I was actually thinking of doing the same thing - sticks of Vetcare in the morning and SS in the evening!

Thanks - I had this very speedy reply from Supreme:

"In this instance I would suggest the Digestive Health diet. It has a higher fibre content than the FibaFirst and will also provide the same long fibre particles as contained within the FibaFirst. It also contains a blend of herbs which are beneficial to the GI tract and are also natural palatents.

The overall nutritional content of this diet will also be more than suitable for both of your rabbits"

Do you give 2_3sticks daily or morning and night can these be given as a treat please :wave:

Daily, on an afternoon, however on a morning they get a forrage mix (oats, alfalfa hay, dried hays, herbs, weeds, veg and fruit) and i still include allan and page breeder grower in that - which is what they were on before, plus is makes it easier to increase/decrease the rations when does have kits.

Back