• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny hates good hay...please help

margarita

Young Bun
So my bunny has been eating kaytee Timothy hay from petco since I got her almost a year ago. After reading online and speaking on this forum I realized it wasn't the greatest quality. So wanting the best for my baby I went to a feed store by my house and bought natural hay fresh from the farm, she wouldn't eat it. So then I bought oxbow Timothy hay thinking she would def love it since its so fresh and expensive, nope, will not touch it. So I've been mixing her kaytee rand hay with the oxbow hoping shell start liking it but she seems to just pick out the junk (mint flavored) hay. We was always a great hay eater and ate tons and tons everyday. Now she's barely eating it. Should I just stick to the lesser quality? And wait it out and see if she starts to like the new brand? I don't want her to not eat her hay but I want her to eat good quality also. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Good quality hay is only 'good' if the Rabbit eats it

If she will only eat the Kaytee Timothy Hay then I would keep her on that

I agree with Jack's Jane - if she likes the hay and eats it, I'd be inclined to keep her on it! If it's Timothy hay, that's not a bad thing...

Mine will only pick at meadow hay, they have a litter tray full of Timothy hay, as well as 2 hay racks and a plant pot :thumb:

Thanks. I went out and bought her what she likes ans she hasn't stopped eating it. I'll use the other in her litter and maybe she'll pick at it.

Back