• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How's my diet?

cernunnos

New Kit
Hello everyone,

I would like to know your opinions on my bunny's diet. :)
Theodora is a young dwarf lop lady. 17 weeks old and currently weighting 1.55Kg (3.4 lbs)

As with other people around here, I do no feed her veggies. Only hay, pellets and dried herbs.

She has unlimited hay (Excel Forage) and gets a daily portion of this:
50g Excel Junior Pellets (Slowly changing to Excel Sensitive for the added fibre and bigger pellets).
10g Fibafirst (expensive, so only a little bit to enrich the diet and give variation).
12g Dried Herbs (Excel Mountain Meadow/Excel Country Garden).

I have the above in small baby pots already mixed and perfectly weighted (because I'm a perfection freak), so I give give half of the pot for breakfast at 8am and half for dinner at 8pm. Each daily portion costs me £0.40, so a monthly expense of £12 on food (not counting the hay).

Yeah, lots of Excel stuff! The hay is very expensive, but I tried two other brands/types and she wasn't eating enough of them (now I have 10kg of hay she doesn't eat and I can't return). The Excel Forage, not only is very high in fibre (35% according to the package), has some herbs and most importantly, she is eating much more now! So I guess I'll have to stick to it. Oh, and the 1kg package is also very handy.

For treats, I use "Bunny Keks mit Biss", ( http://www.bunny-nature.de/en/products/snacks/crunchy-cracker.html ). I give 2-3 daily and she loves them and is the only treat/snack that seemed to be quite healthy, with a prebiotic, instead of that sugary **** all around the pet shops. I also use their bedding (Bed O' Linum) which is amaaaazing, it's soft and doesn't smell at all, for daaaays.

Hello everyone,

I would like to know your opinions on my bunny's diet. :)
Theodora is a young dwarf lop lady.

How lovely, you named her after me! :D

As for the diet. If the 50grams of pellets is about the size of an egg cup then that is perfect. Plenty of hay always a must. Everything looks good but just be careful with the treats. It is so tempting to give them more than 1 a day as they can pull such sad little faces!

How lovely, you named her after me! :D

As for the diet. If the 50grams of pellets is about the size of an egg cup then that is perfect. Plenty of hay always a must. Everything looks good but just be careful with the treats. It is so tempting to give them more than 1 a day as they can pull such sad little faces!

hahahaha,I should probably not tell you why I named her Theodora hahaha. It would ruin your comment :D

Im not sure of how much is en eggcup, but since she is not getting a a bowl of veggies, she needs more pellets to compensate.
as for the treats, yeah lol. i usually give her 2, but if shes being extra cute, like licking my nose when i get down to pet her, i give her a third one trololol :D

hahahaha,I should probably not tell you why I named her Theodora hahaha. It would ruin your comment :D

Im not sure of how much is en eggcup, but since she is not getting a a bowl of veggies, she needs more pellets to compensate.
as for the treats, yeah lol. i usually give her 2, but if shes being extra cute, like licking my nose when i get down to pet her, i give her a third one trololol :D

I am intrigued now, please do tell me! Is it because of Robbie Williams daughter?

She doesn't need a bowl of veggies a day. The most important thing she needs is hay, hay and more hay.

I am intrigued now, please do tell me! Is it because of Robbie Williams daughter?

Well, Theodora not only was probably the most powerful woman of the ancient time, as wife of Justinian I, she was also the greatest w*hore ever. She worked in a brothel before marrying the emperor and history tell us she was the dirtiest one, "working" with 10 "clients" or more at the same time and such. Probably the whole of Rome had a taste of her. And you know, rabbits breeds like rabbits, so....

Well, Theodora not only was probably the most powerful woman of the ancient time, as wife of Justinian I, she was also the greatest w*hore ever. She worked in a brothel before marrying the emperor and history tell us she was the dirtiest one, "working" with 10 "clients" or more at the same time and such. Probably the whole of Rome had a taste of her. And you know, rabbits breeds like rabbits, so....

:lol:

Well that certainly is an interesting reason for a rabbits name!

I'll just stick to the meaning of the name in that case:
It is of Greek origin, and the meaning of Theodora is "God's gift". Sounds nicer. Although if I ever want to shock people to their core, I will tell them your story :lol:

Back