• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does spinach cause wee when dry to be rather powdery?

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
Estelle and Frankie have been having a couple of small leaves of spinach per day for the past two days.. Not something they usually have, but a friend has kindly given some to us and I thought I would share some with them.

Frankie's wee is fine, just Estelle's. Both in good health.:D

Any advice would be most welcome.

Estelle and Frankie have been having a couple of small leaves of spinach per day for the past two days.. Not something they usually have, but a friend has kindly given some to us and I thought I would share some with them.

Frankie's wee is fine, just Estelle's. Both in good health.:D

Any advice would be most welcome.

I'm not sure friend :( All I know is what that eat can do mysterious things to their wees! I'm sure you've done the moment of horror at the orange/reddish wee that dark greens produce just as I did the first time it happened!!

Spinach is high in many vits and mins, it may just be this :)

Spinach is very high in calcium which is possibly responsible.

Having nursed a bunny who suffered from stones and sludge, I had to read a lot about it. Virtually everyone said spinach only in moderation. I may be misremembering, but I think it also has something to do with a high vitamin A content too. :)

Back