• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Royale sticky?

megansmummy

Mama Doe
:wave: I picked up a bag of rabbit royale yesterday and it smells lovely and has ome lovely dried flowers and things in it but its a bit sticky...is that how it is supposed to be?

It's molassed! I always mix it in with 2 parts of another food ie 1 scoop RR to 2 scoops of another food.

Just a warning - I know LOTS of people use this - but I tried it once - they all loved it as its so full of sugars/molases (a bit like sugar coated cornflakes) - but three went into stassis at once.

I have just looked on the bag and it doesn't mention molasses as stated above. I've used it for years now but they don't get a lot of it.

I'll keep a close eye on them...desperate to get them onto one or two foods rather than everyone on something different! It's costing a fortune keeping stocked up on 3 different brands of pellets plus all the ectra bits and profibre etc...wad thinking I could just mix up a tub of this and ss and be done with it!!

Nobun likes the Allen and page...Willow and Molly don't like ss, rosey won't eat pets at hone pellets lol...

Last edited:
Well just to update...Lucky, willow and hope all started with excess cecals again :? Soooo iv ordered another sack of SS and will just put them all on that...Iv spent so much time trying to work out the right kind of food... :roll:

Well just to update...Lucky, willow and hope all started with excess cecals again :? Soooo iv ordered another sack of SS and will just put them all on that...Iv spent so much time trying to work out the right kind of food... :roll:

Have you tried Fibafirst? I only have 2 buns, but they both treated the fibafirst like it was a treat (they'd run off with it like they do with carrot and fruit) and preferred it to SS Adult, SS Junior and Excel Junior.

Have you tried them on burgess excel? My two love it :)

Thats another on my no list :( Lucky and hope had lots and lots of excess cecals when they came home to us and they were on that food...no idea if it was that food or something else but since I put them on SS and they have settled in its all gone :thumb:

Im very happy to announce that ALL buns are now on adult SS with a small handful of RR as a treat :thumb: interestingly they all eat every single scrap of RR :thumb:

My Rosie loved RR, she ate it all her 8 years and did very well on it. I haven't tried it with my current bunnies as its harder to find here.

yeah they certainly enjoy it! :thumb: I was worried they would feed selectivly when I gave it to them but it vanishes :lol:

I've never fed mine on anything else, it used to be very sticky but much less so now. Mine love it and I have had very few tummy problems ( usually when I fed a bit of cabbage or other greens so don't give much at all now). I have tried changing Daisy and Stevie onto excel as I bought some for Milly, but they are both producing excess ceacals, so back onto RR.

Reuben has rabbit royale and now science select, he loves the science select and always scoffs down every last bit!!!

Back