• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

buxton area and darlington to huddersfield (or anywhere in between)

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of Lady Logamorph

Hiya, Wondered if you could put a post in the transport request for two gpigs to be transported anywhere between the buxton area and darlington. I could get them to huddersfield but wondered if anyone can meet me in huddersfield and get to leeds or anywhere between leeds and darlington. Suzyjo who is having them may be able to get to York/wetherby.
Thanks
Sally

Ok I suppose I could pick them up and keep them at mine until after the new year unless anyone else can help before xmas. Could you possibly pick up in Leeds and take them to yours or meet Suzy in York/Wetherby then Suzy could pick them up? They will have no cage with them so if you take them to yours for a bit they would need temp housing.

If anyone can do huddersfield to leeds or barnsley to leeds then that would be a great help.

Me and my son are going to see are team Fulham play
in Liverpool Saturday 22nd Dec.
Travelling back to Newcastle from Liverpool across M62
then A1 so going past Darlington.
So could collect leeds /Huddersfield and onto to Darlo.
Only trouble not leaving Liverpool until about 7.45 pm.
:wave:

Could you get them to Manchester instead of Huddersfield/Barnsley?
OH is working in Manchester next Thursday, and could bring them back to Leeds. We don't have a spare hutch but we could set up a pen in the garage for them (coldest place in the house) and keep them for a couple of days and pass them to Mollyjoker (we're really close to the motorway, and will be in in the evening).
They wouldn't have natural light in the garage, but short-term should be fine I would think.

I could get them to Manchester next Thursday. I work in Bramhall so could bring them to work with me in the morning and meet later on after work or at lunch time. Where abouts in Manchester would I need to meet and what time?

It would need to be central Manchester - he works near Picadilly station but could go elsewhere centrally - for around 6ish? Alternatively somewhere on the ring road east/northeast a bit later? I'd get him to go more your way but don't want to push my luck....

Well that would work I finish work at 5:30pm How about meeting him on Central Retail Park
Great Ancoats Street at 6pm. That way we don't have to meet in the centre and can park up plus its not out of his way. Do you want to ask him and see if he is ok with that?

Well that would work I finish work at 5:30pm How about meeting him on Central Retail Park
Great Ancoats Street at 6pm. That way we don't have to meet in the centre and can park up plus its not out of his way. Do you want to ask him and see if he is ok with that?

That looks good to me! I will ask him - however, he's got today off to do his Xmas shopping so isn't near a computer (he won't know where it is) so it'll be later today or tomorrow before I can confirm. Is that ok?

I'm so sorry, but we can't help on Thursday. OH's son got taken into hospital yesterday (he's fine though), so OH didn't finish his shopping and is going to finish it on Thursday in the Trafford Centre - so he won't be coming home after work.

I would come and get them myself but I have no spare time at all in the next week.
We could still have them here for a few days if needed, but just can't help with getting them here - at least not before next Saturday evening.

Thats a shame .
Am still travelling from Liverpool to Newcastle next Saturday
night so can collect on route M62 and take to Darlington.
Be nice for piggies to be in their new home for Christmas.

Ok esupi thanks for letting me know.

Molly I was thinking would you be able to take a very slight detour and meet me at the trafford centre at trafford park in Manchester? Its literally just a couple of miles out of your way. I was just thinking its somewhere where we can meet that's safe at that time of the night because I don't fancy meeting you in salford somewhere! And also we can be in somewhere and sit and have a coffee or something if we have to wait for the other one.

Ok esupi thanks for letting me know.

Molly I was thinking would you be able to take a very slight detour and meet me at the trafford centre at trafford park in Manchester? Its literally just a couple of miles out of your way. I was just thinking its somewhere where we can meet that's safe at that time of the night because I don't fancy meeting you in salford somewhere! And also we can be in somewhere and sit and have a coffee or something if we have to wait for the other one.

Hi , have replied to your pm.
Hopefully everything sorted.:wave:

Hi, hopefully you guys can match things up but if not I live 2 mins from the Trafford centre so if you are struggling to match up times for meeting I am happy to have them dropped here till they can do the next part of their journey or can pick up/drop off not too far from here. I have a small hutch outdoors that would be fine for a few days if they need it. I don't check here often though so if needed drop me an email at lovelylinzie@hotmail.com

Thanks Linzie, but the person who asked for them to be re homed has changed her mind because her daughter cried when she said she had found a new home for them so they are staying at their original home now. Thanks though.

Back