• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Highest Fibre Pellets?

I think it's probably the Oxbow Bunny Basics T (or whatever they've recently been renamed as - the basic adult pellet anyway). They're about 29% crude fibre.

Supreme Fibafirst- 30% crude fibre, long 'stalks' as opposed to pellets which I personally believe to be safer

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product_group.asp?dept_id=432&pg_id=2130

Thanks Jack's Jane - that's a very good point - I always worry about pellets after reading about quite a few choking episodes - terrifying.

The only thing I would ask is: usually when you change food, you have to mix the pellets in gradually, but with these, would you just start giving one and increasing it, etc.?

Fibafirst is 30% fibre, VetCare Digestive is 32%. Both made by Supreme and the new monoforage format - lots of long fibre and they are sticks as opposed to pellets.

Thanks Jack's Jane - that's a very good point - I always worry about pellets after reading about quite a few choking episodes - terrifying.

The only thing I would ask is: usually when you change food, you have to mix the pellets in gradually, but with these, would you just start giving one and increasing it, etc.?

They easily break, you can break them into any size you like. I just started giving about an inch a day as a treat, and then increased it and reduced the other pellets accordingly till they were on the same weight of fibafirst as they had been of excel. I ended up changing though, because my bun has daily medication and its harder to put it on fibafirst than a bowl of pellets, so my buns were only on them for a few months.

They easily break, you can break them into any size you like. I just started giving about an inch a day as a treat, and then increased it and reduced the other pellets accordingly till they were on the same weight of fibafirst as they had been of excel. I ended up changing though, because my bun has daily medication and its harder to put it on fibafirst than a bowl of pellets, so my buns were only on them for a few months.

Ah, thanks nessar:)

Back