• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Doe newly a mum has upset tummy..plz help

rexvelvet

New Kit
Hi,
My Rex has had a litter of two on the 3rd Nov and she has pretty much every day had an upset tummy. is this normal? she has hay, its not veggies, and her food has not been changed. she is eating her poop normal and runny, i guess she realises she is losing essential nutirents. Kits are doing great and growing into big healthy strapping bunnies (so i guess its not affecting them?)
I guess i am asking for any advise and is this normal for a Doe who has had a litter.

thanks

Have you increased her pellet feed? What pellets do you feed?

Is it that she has runny/excess caecotrophs or is it that she just has diarrhoea and is not making any formed pellets?

Have you increased her pellet feed? What pellets do you feed?

Is it that she has runny/excess caecotrophs or is it that she just has diarrhoea and is not making any formed pellets?

Yes she has increased feed due to the kits. i feed burgess complete nuggets so she does not selective feed.
I would say its really runny (not like the night poos) but she has also formed ones. she seems ok otherwise and like i say the kits are doing great.

Yes she has increased feed due to the kits. i feed burgess complete nuggets so she does not selective feed.
I would say its really runny (not like the night poos) but she has also formed ones. she seems ok otherwise and like i say the kits are doing great.

If it's runny caecotrophs then I had exactly that with mine on Excel because it was too rich for her tummy. I was too worried to try and change over her food though- although that would be the standard advie- so tried to balance it out with probiotics.

If it's runny faecals (the ones that should be pea sized) then you can't mess about and she needs a vet.

Either way though I would be thinking vet check.

If it's runny caecotrophs then I had exactly that with mine on Excel because it was too rich for her tummy. I was too worried to try and change over her food though- although that would be the standard advie- so tried to balance it out with probiotics.

If it's runny faecals (the ones that should be pea sized) then you can't mess about and she needs a vet.

Either way though I would be thinking vet check.

ok thank you will phone first thing in the morning. she has been on burgess for awhile now so think perhaps a check is in order. appreciate advice

ok thank you will phone first thing in the morning. she has been on burgess for awhile now so think perhaps a check is in order. appreciate advice

Good luck. My girl was fine on Burgess to until I had to feed it unlimited and that was when she couldn't cope with it. Please let us know how you get on :)

Good luck. My girl was fine on Burgess to until I had to feed it unlimited and that was when she couldn't cope with it. Please let us know how you get on :)

Hi,

Do you mind me asking what food they are on now? I phoned Burgess and had a chat and talked to a breeder, both said the same as you. The advice given was to cut down her nuggets, because like you said they might be too rich, the vet has given her fibreplex.

I am looking at a good all rounder pellet and am hoping in the future to change them all onto that.
The vet says her weight, temperature etc all good and her coat is shining so she wasn't too concerned. although pleased i took Raven in to be on the safe side.

Thank you soo much for your help. x :))

Back