• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"nve" is back Home & just have a Few Questions to Ask...

:wave: very pleased to hear that Nve is doing well and back at home with you!

Pellets are good (not the colourful muesli stuff) but not too much as this will stop him from eating enough hay. A lot say that an egg cup is enough, some say less, some say none, it depends on your rabbit really (if he's a bit overweight then less pellets as they can be fattening).

Try and feed LOADS of hay. It has to be nice and green and smell nice otherwise he might not want to eat it. I find Timothy hay from Hayforpets (online shop) really good and my bunnies all love it, even bad hay eaters :D The hay will help Nve's teeth and keep further dentals to a minimum. Apple tree twigs are really good too, my guys love them!

Say hi to Nve for me :wave:

I love the herbage and forage by burgess. Havent used the other 2 as I buy my hay by the bale (usually 5ft by 2ft) as I have 9 rabbits and 9 guinea pigs to feed :D

Do you have a pets at home near you? they sell Alfalfa King Timothy Hay for £7.99 for a bag. I know that sounds a lot but it will last a while for 1 rabbit. Rabbits generally love this type of hay :) then if he likes it you could buy a bigger more economical bag from hayforpets.

wow im mazed about you having 9 rabbits and 9 guinea pigs :D :love: would like see them :)

cost of hay isn't a problem and i will look for this 'Alfalfa King Timothy Hay' from petathome

do u have an website for 'hayforpets' just want to confirmed that i got the right website

and yes i did say hi to 'Nve' from you (silverrabbit) :)

Q: i found out that 'Nve' like to eat the rice looking seed thingy and leaving the shell (of the rice looking thingy) is good for him?

They always leave the husk of the seed (as far as i can remember from when I had bunnies about ten years ago and didn't feed them the pellets), but i don't think the seeds themselves hold much nutritional value, they tend to use it as a filler in some foods i think :)

The website is here - http://www.hayforpets.co.uk/

I will post some pictures over the weekend :D

Back