Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do Your Buns Miss You?

Default Do Your Buns Miss You?

... when you are away?

My two furry monsters are 'on holiday' at my mums at the moment, due to my OH being in hospital and me travelling to London to see him.

I miss them loads but i know they are being very well looked after and spoilt I really doubt they miss me They know where they are when they get there and settle in very quickly. Are buns like dogs or cats that miss their owners, or are they generally as fickle as my two - loving anyone who approaches with a Fenugreek Crunchie?
    Mum to Amber & Ollie (from FF's). Sponsor mum to Larry & Elvis (RIP Bertie) from Rainbow

Wise Old Thumper

Sky does. He gets separation anxiety and won't eat and makes himself ill. I can't ever sleep anywhere else other than my bed.
    PLEASE DONíT QUOTE MY POSTS IN ANY THREADS I START. Thank you

Please Remember to Advocate for your Rabbit.

'I have the responsibility to do what I want in a world of others, but so does everyone else and it works best if we take each other into account.' (EVD)

The longest I have left mine for was when I left Tuesday morning and returned Saturday night. My auntie looked after them in their usual hutch etc. When I came back, Anna didnt bat an eyelid, but then she doesn't like human interaction. Barney, on the other hand, ran over and started licking my face for ages! He'd never done that before - he will readily lick my hands/feet/legs/arms etc but not face, I suspect because it is a sign of submission in rabbit behaviour, and he wants to be top bun over me. I think he missed me Barney is a very cuddly bun, when he was a housebun he'd often jump up on my bed in the mornings, demanding strokes, and we'd have a cuddle for half an hour or so.

My girls Im not sure about, Id like to think they notice Im gone.

My boys definatly miss me, apparantly both behave out of character when Im away for more than a couple of days. I always get binkies when I get in from work aswell
    Gemma, mum to;

My beautiful Tilly left me for the bridge 11/01/2010. I love and miss her every single day. Sweet dreams precious girl, lifes not the same without you xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mr Bennett does, he sulks really badly if I am out all day. I don't think my other 2 miss me but they have each other and are not people bunnies. They don't mind me, but really don't like strangers or people they don't really know.

Warren Scout

when we had gadget, who was a house rabbit and absolutely devoted to my wife, we took him to a rabbit boarding for our 2 week hols, when we got hime back home , he promptly went upstairs jumped on the bed and wee'd on my wifes pillow, had never done it before or since .
    Rabbit boarding for manchester , stockport ,tameside

http://www.facebook.com/ManchesterRabbitBoarding?ref=hl

I don't think so
    Banned? Moi?

Order The Xmas Files today....as publicised by our very own Leanne

Captain Carrot is not innocent!!

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Sky-O View Post
    Sky does. He gets separation anxiety and won't eat and makes himself ill. I can't ever sleep anywhere else other than my bed.
    Mine are like this too.
    My bridge bun Thumper was the better of the 2 cos he was OK if I was back by 3.00am. but went into stasis if I was out all night.
    Benjie won't even eat if I'm out of the house. Fortunately he's not gone into stasis & makes up for it when I get back.
    I'm trying to get him used to me being out gradually.

Yep

Sonic gets really moody when I'm away, especially with my dad. Dad'll go out to feed him and Sonic will just turn his back

Mine would probably like the chance to do so !!

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/