• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

They arnt baby frenchies...they are baby horses!!

megansmummy

Mama Doe
:shock: oh my goodness HOW much do they eat??!! :shock::lol:

I am currently feeding them P@H pellets (they refuse to eat SS junior and I have tried to switch them to A&P B/G but when I mix the P@H and A&P they leave the allen and page and eat the P@H? I know A&P are better but how do I get them to eat them without switching cold tukey which obviously isnt ideal?

I fill their bowls in the morning (7" ceramic dog bowl) with 4 handfull of pellets and top up hay...they then get more fresh hay and a generous handful of forage each at lunch time and then in the evening when I tuck them into their shed they get 4 more handfuls of pellets between them and more hay...

Does this sound ok? they are constantly eating hay so iv no worries on that front!

I don't know anything about Frenchies, but my baby minilop eats like a horse too, I cannot believe the quantity of (expensive!) care plus junior, hay, forage and general leafy food he stuffs down a day! He even eats the hay that's being swept up to be thrown out!

So, perhaps it's just the sign of a healthy growing baby!

Are there any photos of your babies?? :love::love:

As they are frenchies, and growing babies, you can probably up the amount until they are either fed unlimited pellets to about 6-9 months or you are feeding the maximum you can without excess caecals. Frenchies need more protein anyway, and growing babies need more too, so put them together and they will need a lot to be healthy. You're certainly on the right track, but there may be room to increase if you wanted to or felt they needed it.

As they are frenchies, and growing babies, you can probably up the amount until they are either fed unlimited pellets to about 6-9 months or you are feeding the maximum you can without excess caecals. Frenchies need more protein anyway, and growing babies need more too, so put them together and they will need a lot to be healthy. You're certainly on the right track, but there may be room to increase if you wanted to or felt they needed it.

Thank you...I was worried that I might be over feeding so im glad you said that!! The bowls are empty by the time I fill them up at bed time so I might well introduce more with their forage at at lunchtime to tide them over...although we have had a few excess cecals :?

I will add some piccies in a bit :love:

:lol: I will get some of the little monkeys tomorow...they dont stay still for a second...binkies and flying around the shed and avairy! They sure love their space and they both like to chew my shoes too :roll:

they're monkeys? not frenchies or horses? and they fly? so they're birds? or unicorns? :shock: i'm looking forward to the photographs. it might make zoological history. :lol:

Back