• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bun refusing to eat Allen & Page pellets!

denla

Warren Scout
I was in the middle of relocating. Slept at my new place for one night. When I got back in the morning my bun was really scared/****** off? Hoping landlord didn't scare her. Maybe she got scared because she didn't notice my presence in the night. She sleeps in the indoor cage next to my bed.

So in the morning I put her in a small pet carrier for 5 hrs approx because I had to dismantle the cage and transport everything to my new home. Built her cage in my new bedroom and she's happily back in. She hasn't ate any hay yet. Drank a little water, and only ate some Wagg Bunny Brunch. Whether I feed her from hand or using the bowl mixing Allen & Page with Wagg Bunny Brunch, she only eats several bits of Wagg Bunny Brunch. Could it be she's simply full? Right now she's in the relaxed position inside the cage. Door's currently open. I noticed her litter tray wasn't used. Didn't reserve some **** or poop for the litter tray. I placed some fresh towels in the cage and she ignored them. I placed my used bedding sheet and she immediately went to **** on it. Probably liked ******* on something with my scent lol.

Any way to get her to eat Allen & Page? She's ate it for a number of days already and never refused before.

I'm so sorry you've had no replies.
If she hasn't started eating something & pooping this morning she needs to see the vet as an emergency now, cos she's prbably got stasis, which needs treating quickly.
http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/ileus.html

If she's eating and pooping normally today she was just a bit disorientated by all the changes.

Last edited:
That's fantastic news.:D
I was more than worried you had a bunny in stasis & no one had answered you.
Yes, buns can stop eating because they're upset, from change in routine or surroundings, & it can be just as serious.
So well done.:thumb: I'm delighted that all went well.

Back