• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two female rabbits fighting - please comment

I just wanted to add that Silli mentions the bunnies never licking her, and rabbits don't lick you to let you know that they know you are the boss, but to tell you how special you are to them and how much they love you, and it sounds like these bunnies are so busy being cross with each other, that they aren't loving their carer how you would want them too, and I feel the training would make them take more notice of Silli, because they would be listening too and focused on her, and I'm sure they would quickly realise just how much they do love her and what they have been missing, and actually start to seek her out a lot more. Initially Dipsy would not come up to me to be fussed or really be anywhere near me, but over the past couple of weeks he has changed his dozing areas, and hangs out now much closer to me, when I approach him and say his name without clicking him, he runs straight up to me and will let me fuss him for some time, and often will approach me himself now, so his opinion of me has definately improved loads.

To RogerRabbit: Some good news: Last eve and this morning I gave the bunnies a pile of food each, and sat in between them while they ate. Pulla tried to wonder towards Hippu's food a couple of times, but I directed her back to her own food. They actually finished their meals in all calmness, and seemed more relaxed after. Like you say, I also believe food is such a highlight in a bunny's day that you should make the situation as relaxed as possible. This morning Pulla even did a couple of binkies, which was fun, and she wasn't chasing Hippu around. So there already is a sign of improvement! The next step is to read this book on clicker trainining you recommend, and hopefully it will make the bunnies happier also in the long run! Thanks SO much for your advice it's been super helpful!

& thanks to everyone else who commented, so glad found such a forum :)

I agree, that is a brilliant improvement and it does sound as though BOTH bunnies were able to have their own food and eat it, without the one sitting on it and hogging it. I'm so happy for you, that you were immediately able to make a difference to your bunnie's happiness, and it appears stress free mealtimes may well go a long way to their contentment with each other. If you are able too I would only feed them now when you are about to sit inbetween them, so that over time they should forget their previous disagreements at dinnertime. I really genuinely am so happy for you, and I know you will get there and have happier bunnies getting along, and they will then be able to give you more love.

Resolve

Hi, I was just reading your thread as have had a similar situation occur between two sisters I have just rescued, they live indoors, large French lop sisters. I have had them spayed usually get on really well and for no apparent reason are being too violent to even be in the same room. I would just like to know how your situation changed after this thread and if you found any resolve?

Hi, I was just reading your thread as have had a similar situation occur between two sisters I have just rescued, they live indoors, large French lop sisters. I have had them spayed usually get on really well and for no apparent reason are being too violent to even be in the same room. I would just like to know how your situation changed after this thread and if you found any resolve?

Hi, and welcome to the forum :wave: this is a very old thread, so you may not get replies from the OP.

Back