• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eating loads more hay than usual

sierra*323

Mama Doe
Finx and Tango have always been good hay eaters, but they seem to be eating loads all of a sudden! Could it be a natural instinct to fatten themselves up? :lol:

Hopscotch has been eating loads more too. There was a day last week when I came home from work and his hay rack was empty, normally there is always hay left at bed time!! (He does have it in his litter tray too though, so didn't go without!) I was thinking maybe it's because he has moved into a colder room and is fattening himself up to keep warm :lol:

It's the same stuff they usually have, locally sourced and sold at a tiny independent pet shop. They're getting through a massive bag each, every week! Not that I'm complaining!
They even turned their noses up at some tasty looking Timothy hay in favour of more of their usual meadow hay :)

Back