• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clsssic plastic water bottles

MrsHam

New Kit
Daft questions here, I'm afraid. I've got three large sized Classic water bottles and they all work differently! One lets water flow quite easily when I squeeze it, the other doesn't so much, and the third one doesn't let any water out when I squeeze it gently. I squeeze the water bottles to stop them dripping when I put them up (which is the best method for me, I've found).

I'm guessing the bottle that doesn't let any water out when I squeeze it must be defective, but I thought I'd ask advice here first before returning to shop.

And also, what do people think of glass bottles vs. plastic. Are they much better and worth the extra money? What do people use.
Many thanks.

I find the plastic classic ones are fine. You usually do get some stuff when you squeeze the bottle, if it doesn't I wouldn't think any water came out when a rabbit tried to use it?

to check if the bottle is working just turn the ball bearing round with the bottle upside down then you should see bubbles floating upwards.

I use them no problems, except I'm clumsy and am always dropping them and smashing the plastic. :oops:

It's worth checking the spout and the bit the spout is in is clean, I used to find bunny fluff in it with my previous bun, I don't know why he moulted on the bottle...

I have both, but I think the glass ones are worth the extra pennies :)

My lions have a plastic one, but I think that the glass living world one that my girls use is much better quality as it seems to be fresher & colder as they drink more?!

I do plan to get the lions a glass one too but need to get quite a big one as they drink for Britain!

Back