• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

SS

OwnedByRabbits

Warren Veteran
does anyone feed the SS mature ( the one for older rabbits) ?
How much fiber does it have in it and do yours like it?
I was thinking of putting Smokey on to it as he is older, would it benefit him much ?

I've just been reading about SS 4+ for 3 of my bunnys :wave: I'm not sure but I think Aly@Poppy feeds one of her bunnys this food :wave:

Sorry I've no answer to your question.

Estelle, 6 1/2 and Frankie, 3 1/2 are both fit and well on the usual SS.

Didn't want to read and run.

Hopefully someone will be along soon with a reply for you.

I really wanted to get mine switched over to this. They liked the idea. Their gut didn't, an episode of stasis and lots of mushy poop later, they're back on the regular SS. ho hum :(

does anyone feed the SS mature ( the one for older rabbits) ?
How much fiber does it have in it and do yours like it?
I was thinking of putting Smokey on to it as he is older, would it benefit him much ?

Selective 4+ is recommended by vets and provides a tasty balanced diet formulated to meet the special needs of mature rabbits.

This nutritionally complete food has high levels of fibre (22%), to aid gut motility and is also low in sugar and protein to help prevent obesity in less active, older rabbits.

It includes timothy hay and thyme to help stimulate the appetite, helping to avoid age-related reluctance to feed. Other antioxidant ingredients such as bilberry, ginkgo, and green tea provide complete nutritional support for the older rabbit.

There's another thread somewhere on here today which gives a link to the supreme website for you to get a free sample to try :D

Two of mine are 9+ and they are still on normal SS, I seem to recall trying them on the mature one a few years back (the recipe has probably changed now) and they weren't big fans. It also only comes in smaller bags which is a pain when you've got several bunnies so I have always just stuck with the normal one. No harm in trying it though if you think it might suit yours :D

Edit: free sample link here http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?365315-Free-science-selective-food-)

There's another thread somewhere on here today which gives a link to the supreme website for you to get a free sample to try :D

Two of mine are 9+ and they are still on normal SS, I seem to recall trying them on the mature one a few years back (the recipe has probably changed now) and they weren't big fans. It also only comes in smaller bags which is a pain when you've got several bunnies so I have always just stuck with the normal one. No harm in trying it though if you think it might suit yours :D

The only problem is i ordered a free one and forgot to change which one i wanted :oops:

Oh...whoops :lol: See if you can find an email address - might be worth dropping them a quick line and saying that you meant to ask for a mature sample but forgot to change it on the drop down box, and ask if they can swap it over if they get to it before it is dispatched. You never know, they might send you one anyway even if they have already sent the sample. No harm in asking - the worst that can happen is they say no and then you're no worse off than you are now!

I've just been reading about SS 4+ for 3 of my bunnys :wave: I'm not sure but I think Aly@Poppy feeds one of her bunnys this food :wave:

Yep :D I did try and get Poppy on the normal SS but she just won't eat it! She has been on mature since she was 3 as it's just been easier for her lack of teethies to munch. And now it's half soaked it's easier for her to pick up to :) The amount of fibre in it seems fine for her considering she doesn't/can't eat hay! :)

Back