• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vegetables

Flopsie

Young Bun
I started my 15 week old minilop bunny on broccoli last week and yesterday on the green top of a carrot with half an inch of the orange bit.

Can you let me know how often I should give veg as I've been told everyday is too much.

Cheers.

It depends on the rabbit. If yours can tolerate some veg every day then give it or if too much upsets them then give less. It's a case of getting to know what your rabbit can tolerate. Don't give too much, if any, carrot as it is too high in sugar which can upset their tummies.Always wash veg before you give it and you can also give them herbs which are closer to a wild rabbit's diet.

I give my bunnies veg twice a day, in little portions as they have had tummy problems.
my other pair get it once a day.

On a daily basis I stick to dark greens as they promote good gut movement, such as kale, spring greens, herbs, pak choi. Also, I give dark cabage once a day too.

A few times a week I treat them to a wee third of carrot, baby corn, mangetout and fruit.

I give them dried pineapple & mango once or twice a fortnight too, to help the wee tum tum keep moving :) x

our rabbits have veg twice a day , morning and night. we rotate between

spring green cabbage
carrots , try and get the ones with the green leafy tops

Corriander, they go mad for this , its expensive so look out for reduced at the supermarket

broccolli , not much , makes them pooey

try soft fruit , blackberries are popular, you can even pick these in the summer

kids apple packs , pre sliced

Back