• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just finished scrubing my bed with white wine vinegar...

denla

Warren Scout
And my rabbit's ****** and pooped all over it again soon as I left the bedroom for half a minute. Part of the duvet was folded so she chose to **** on that spot the most which soaked through my sheets and even mattress...

Time to try the vinegar thing again, keep bun in the cage, and find something to stop her from doing that. -__________- She's potty trained and very very rarely pisses and poops on the carpet. Only does this on my bed.

Some rabbits just like weeing on soft things :) could you buy a tall puppy pen to put around your bed for when you aren't there to get her off the bed? :)

Some rabbits just like weeing on soft things :) could you buy a tall puppy pen to put around your bed for when you aren't there to get her off the bed? :)

The sports trousers I wear when feeding my bun on my lap is quite soft and comfy. She never pisses or poops on my lap. Doesn't do it on the towels or cushion I place in the cage either. It's always my bed. As if nothing surpasses the softness of my duvet.. -_____________-

Can she get down off the bed ok? Do you ever feed her on the bed? Give fusses and attention on the bed?

Try using a tarp or plastic sheeting to cover your bed when you're not in it. It might help stop the behaviour and even if it doesn't it makes it a helluver lot easier to clean up!

Can she get down off the bed ok? Do you ever feed her on the bed? Give fusses and attention on the bed?

Try using a tarp or plastic sheeting to cover your bed when you're not in it. It might help stop the behaviour and even if it doesn't it makes it a helluver lot easier to clean up!

She sometimes just jumps off the bed landing on the carpet. Seems perfectly fine after that. Runs and jumps around hyper still.

Other times she jumps on the cardboard box I have next to my bed as a platform before going on the floor. She uses this cardboard box as mid way jumping to my bed. If I remove the box, she's still capable of jumping on my bed without any platform mid way.

I tried placing a portable sleeping bag over my duvet. Its outside surface is smooth waxy silk that's easier to wash than my duvet. Rabbit **** doesn't immediately soak through it.

Just pooped on the carpet and started chewing on it. -_______- I removed the poop and gave her some Allen & Page pellets instead. It was just one poop and she took it directly from her anus.

The thing with something plastic is you don't have to wash it at all, just mop up spills. The thing is, when us humans make a big deal about something they view it as attention, and to them attention is gooooood. Doesn't matter if it's good or bad, it's still attention. By having something plastic it means you're a bit more chilled out if it happens, it's just mop up with some tissue, wipe some vinegar, done. Whereas if it's something you have to remove, put in the wash, replace, it's a bigger deal. Hope that makes sense!

Also you didn't mention where you feed her. Again if it's associated with the bed in her mine she may think 'ah bed = food' and do things on the bed that get attention.

I had a lot of trouble with my bunnies and them weeing in the bed. I did various things. We built a ramp so Mischa could get down as he struggled with that, I also used the tarp as mentioned above. The other thing connected was that in the morning the first thing I'd do after getting out of bed was to feed them. So Mischa, bless him, in his little food orientated mind worked out that by peeing on me early in the morning I'd get up, feed them and then sort the bed out. By peeing on me he got food earlier! I started making sure that before I fed them I went out of the room for a few minutes and then back in so he started to associate me coming through the door with food, rather than me in bed.

Tarp is best.
A little nicer looking is a picnic blanket. They are fabric one side but waterproof on the other.

Mine have mostly grown out of it I think, since they were neutered, but I still have a waterproof fitted sheet on the bed so nothing gets through to the mattress.

Back