• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

SORTED Transport request - gerbil - Derby (DE73 8JG) to either Ashington or York

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
Posted on behalf of Minimallow.

Please can anyone help transport a single gerbil to me to come into rescue to live as a permanent resident. The little lad is a biter and the person who has him at the moment doesn't feel they are getting anywhere with taming him, so as I've had a fair bit of experience with this I've offered to take him on. Hopefully he'll be introduced to another Gerbil if I can pair him up with another suitable one so he doesn't live out his life alone. If anyone can help get him to Scotland I can pretty much get transport from most places in Scotland to here.

ETA: Derby (DE73 8JG) to either Ashington or York still needed please. If he can be got to either of these destinations, I have transport arranged for the final leg to me.

Last edited:
Have had an offer of the Gerbil being brought all the way to me from Ashington/Morpeth, Northumberland if anyone can get him there before Monday?

Actual place in the Midlands to be confirmed as just waiting to hear back.

If you can get him to York then I can do York to Glasgow a week on Monday (12th). Will be driving up the M74 so could drop anywhere that isn't too far off that route.

Hi thank you. If he can't be got to Northumberland for Monday, I'll see about getting him to York and try and sort pickup from Glasgow. Will let you know as soon as I know anything x

It looks like it might not be feasible to get the Gerbil to Ashington in time, so if we try for the York transport if that's still ok, there has been a possible offer to get him from Derby to Sheffield which means the only part really left needing sorted would be from Sheffield to York.

If he's appropriately housed we can take him at the weekend for onward travel on Monday up to Glasgow.

Thank you that would be helpful to allow for travel to work smoother. I'll check with the person who has him to see if he can go in something that would be suitable for weekend stay. He now has transport from Derby to Leeds so just need to find someone who wouldn't mind taking him from Leeds, to you in York.

When will he be in Leeds by? We could bring him over to York next Saturday if that helps?

Also, we are likely to be down in Nottingham next Sunday, so if the Derby-Leeds part falls through, we could probably do Nottingham to York that day too.

When will he be in Leeds by? We could bring him over to York next Saturday if that helps?

Also, we are likely to be down in Nottingham next Sunday, so if the Derby-Leeds part falls through, we could probably do Nottingham to York that day too.

I'm fairly certain (I'll check) it would be the Saturday that he's being brought to Leeds :) So if this is the case and you are able do the Leeds-York stint then looks like we have a completed gerbil run :D
Also thank you for suggesting the Nottingham to York route. If things fall through it will be a good plan to fall back onto.

ETA it's definitely the Saturday the lady said she could bring him to Leeds.

Last edited:
Fab! If you can find out what sort of time we'll plan around it (assuming RedFraggle will be around also on Saturday). We've no plans, but OH will take any excuse for a trip to York!

Happy to liaise directly if it's easier.

If you can't arrange to get him picked up straight away at Glasgow then he could stay here and I could meet somewhere near Glasgow when suitable? I am just off the M74 before Glasgow so could meet RedFraggle no problem.

Kirsty that would be fantastic thank you. I'm talking to my friend, Jim who usually helps me out with transport this end and going to see if he can do the Glasgow pick up. If he can't do it, are you near to a train station in Glasgow? If so if I can't get transport to me, I could get a train and meet you at a station?

ETA - just heard from Jim and he can meet RedFraggle anytime on the Monday that suits. RedFraggle - if you are able to let me know a rough time when you think you'll get into Glasgow that would be helpful and thank you for your kind offer. Kirsty, if things don't go to plan but we manage to get the Gerbil to Glasgow, your offer would still be fab, thanks x

Looks like we have transport sorted :D Thank you all :love:

Last edited:
Kirsty that would be fantastic thank you. I'm talking to my friend, Jim who usually helps me out with transport this end and going to see if he can do the Glasgow pick up. If he can't do it, are you near to a train station in Glasgow? If so if I can't get transport to me, I could get a train and meet you at a station?

It is no trouble for me to get Gerbil to the train station in Glasgow, whatever one suits. I am about 20mins drive from Glasgow so no hassle. I also wouldn't mind bringing him a wee bit closer, maybe Falkirk?

Just let me know if I am needed :) (if things don't work with other plan x)

It is no trouble for me to get Gerbil to the train station in Glasgow, whatever one suits. I am about 20mins drive from Glasgow so no hassle. I also wouldn't mind bringing him a wee bit closer, maybe Falkirk?

Just let me know if I am needed :) (if things don't work with other plan x)

That's great, will do :thumb: Thanks again x

Just to add:

*Please be careful with this Gerbil as he does bite! Keep fingers out of reach of him incase he decides to be a menace*

Just to add:

*Please be careful with this Gerbil as he does bite! Keep fingers out of reach of him incase he decides to be a menace*

I have gardening gloves! poor wee man, does the little chap have a name? I need to know what to call him :oops:

Looks like we're all set! :thumb:

Esupi, if you give me a rough time I'll make sure I'm here (it's my afternoon with my Godson so will be haeding to the local park in the afternoon at some point). My husband will be here anyway.

I'm sure the lady said he's called Leeroy but I reckon I will probably change it at some point. So Leeroy for now. He's apparently fine with gloves on just now but just to be cautious as he might be unsettled by the travelling. He will most likely be fine but just thought I'd best to warn you :lol:

I'm sure the lady said he's called Leeroy but I reckon I will probably change it at some point. So Leeroy for now. He's apparently fine with gloves on just now but just to be cautious as he might be unsettled by the travelling. He will most likely be fine but just thought I'd best to warn you :lol:

Maybe the biting is a name protest :D My friends incredibly viscious rat used to holiday with me so we'll be fine.

Back